• Thread starter spookeydonkey
  • Start date
  • Views 2,419
S

spookeydonkey

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey Guys,

I've done something stupid, when i copied the contents of FSD from usb drive to my internal storage drive, i forgot to change the launcher.ini. So my xbox booted into the normal dashboard.
It was reeeeally late and being total n00bs, i formatted the internal drive (to get rid of the FSD) from the normal xboxdashboard.
So NOW, it won't boot from usb stick into FSD. I've searched online and came up with XEXmenu and with that i'm able to browse my flashdrive and ftp to my xbox.
When i want to copy something to my internal drive from within xexmenu it doesn't respond (even copydvd) and when i send FTP commands to it says that i have no write persmissions.
I tried to ftp with user/pass: xbox/xbox and flash/flash but no luck.

I'm still able to run games and such through xexmenu (and Xell works fine too) but i can't find anywhere online which steps i have to take to get my xbox booting from a FSD usb drive again.

I'm totally out of any ideas.
Thanks for your help in advance...

S

spookeydonkey

Reaction score
Sin$
After i found out that i couldn't boot from the usb flash with fsd, i could only boot in the normal dashboard, so settings>memory>format memory

Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
Sin$
After i found out that i couldn't boot from the usb flash with fsd, i could only boot in the normal dashboard, so settings>memory>format memory
Since you already have XeXMenu on your console this should be relatively easy. Download FSD again and extract it to your flash drive, then run XeXMenu with your flash drive plugged into your console. Copy the folder 'FSD' to your internal HDD. Then all you have to do is change your ini to run HDD1:\FSD\default.xex on boot and your console will run FSD when you turn it on.

As for FTP, XeXMenu's FTP service is pretty buggy, try using FSD's FTP using the login xbox:speechless:box. If you have any more problems, post here and we can help you sort them out. :smile:

S

spookeydonkey

Reaction score
Sin$
Allright, the thing is, when I want to move stuff from an USB flash drive to my internal HDD with XeXmenu, it doesn't work, it doesn't show the transer bar. Moving files from one USB drive to another USB drive with XeXmenu, works fine. I see the transfer bar and afterwards i see the files on the destination drive.
Its like the Internal HDD is now write protected after the format.

I just tried Twisted Impulses advice again, but no luck, i can't copy the FSD folder to the internal HDD.

If i want to run FSD from XeXmenu from the USB drive it jumps back to the normal dashboard saying: the game could not start. So i can't use FSD's FTP service.

Its a Slim version with only 4GB of internal flash HDD btw.

S

spookeydonkey

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks, that's really helpful!

I tried it, but i run into the same problem when i try to copy the folders off of the disc to the internal flash memory with xexmenu. It doesn't paste, i can't create or delete folders/files either. Its really write protected.
I don't have a 2'5" hdd plugged in right now, i have to buy one, but will that help in running FSD from boot? (running games with xexmenu off my usb external drive works really great)

F

flickmybic

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks, that's really helpful!

I tried it, but i run into the same problem when i try to copy the folders off of the disc to the internal flash memory with xexmenu. It doesn't paste, i can't create or delete folders/files either. Its really write protected.
I don't have a 2'5" hdd plugged in right now, i have to buy one, but will that help in running FSD from boot? (running games with xexmenu off my usb external drive works really great)
i wonder if you corrupted the drive somehow by interrupting the format process... perhaps formatting it again would fix it? have you tried that? sorry about not being able to offer more help, but yeah, once you drop a 500gb drive in there, you will not think about that missing space again.

S

spookeydonkey

Reaction score
Sin$
Noproblem, i think i formatted the drive a couple of times now and its only 4GB so its done really fast. I don't think its corrupted, more like i removed something what the initial flash of the internal drive made possible: writing to the internal drive.
I'll just have to play games from XeXmenu for the time being...

Top Bottom
Login
Register