Accessing XBL through a browser connection..

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Xaelra, Feb 4, 2010 with 2 replies and 215 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaelra

Xaelra Newbie

Ratings:
    I started with a search on Google with this question and ended up here on this website. After reading through a few tutorials, I decided that this site will be my new home if I ever have a question about my 360 again.

What I'm trying to do actually sounds a little stupid when I type it up, but considering I'm in Afghanistan deployed as a US Soldier... yeah.. I'm used to it by now. When we have down time, my friend and I like to play CoDMW2, and our internet has a really sick connection speed (or so it says) and we'd like to test it out on XBL.

Only problem is we have to log onto a webpage before we get access (kind of like an airport internet connection). The only thing I could think of was to clone the MAC address of my laptop to the 360 and then plug in the ethernet cord and maybe the website would remember that we're logged in already. Doesn't work too well (...well it doesn't work at all!), any suggestions on what else I could try?

2. JRI96

JRI96 Banned

Ratings:
    Bridge Connections:

Connect through the laptop with the login

Connect a cat5 from xbox to laptop

Open Network Connections SHIFT click your main connection and your xbox one it should say identifying. Right click one of them hit bridge connections

3. OP
    Xaelra

Xaelra Newbie

Ratings:
    Never thought of that, just need to get a router sent and I'll be good. Thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.