Solved Accessing an XBOX360-formatted External USB Hard drive

• Thread starter laukinming
  • Start date
  • Views 864
L

laukinming

Reaction score
Sin$
After I format an external USB hard drive with, say, the XBOX 360 FSD, and want to insert a DLC afterwards, can I do so through Windows?

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
After I format an external USB hard drive with, say, the XBOX 360 FSD, and want to insert a DLC afterwards, can I do so through Windows?
Well, it the hard drive is formatted to the 360, you can use a program such as Horizon to insert DLC.

However, if it is FATX, you can use Party Buffalo to view all the files.

Z

Zerker24

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, it the hard drive is formatted to the 360, you can use a program such as Horizon to insert DLC.

However, if it is FATX, you can use Party Buffalo to view all the files.
FATX is the 360 format, and horizon and party buffalo do the same thing as far as that is concerned. Plus, last time I chacked at least, horizon isn't a thing anymore. I could very easily be wrong there though

Now, Juding bu the fact you said you were using FSD I will assume your xbox is modded. But, unless your console is RGH'd or JTAGGED than you will not be able to play DLC that you do not own.

Party Buffalo, Xport, Modio, Xplorer 360 and all programs that will allow to do browse FATX formatted drives.

EDIT: I haven't messed with FATX explorers in quite a while. I could be slightly outdated, but the basics should remain the same.

Last edited:
Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
EDIT: I haven't messed with FATX explorers in quite a while. I could be slightly outdated, but the basics should remain the same.
You're correct, my first post just had poor grammar.

What I meant was even if an external USB is formatted to FATX, you can use Party Buffalo to view it as if it was formatted to FAT32 as opposed to using Horizon and seeing items displayed by whether they are profiles, DLC, avatar items, etc.

Top Bottom
Login
Register