What's new

Solved About programming a CR Rev C

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm working with a clone CR Rev c glitch chip and I accidentally flashed a timing file to the nor side. I didn't realize that I had to move the switch button to the programming side to flash the xsvf file instead. Then I desoldered the capacitors on Jap and 3-2 and bridged them along with cap. I flashed the programming bank of the chip and flipped the switch to phat since I'm working on jasper 512mb bb. I flipped the switch back to Nor and plugged the console in to turn but instead a black screen comes up, 3 red and middle green light are flashing from the console, and the green led on the chip never lights up.

All four nand dumps (not full dumps) match. I created the ecc image under jtag with r-jtag and aud_clamp selected to create and write xell-reloaded in j-runner. I'm using the R-JTOP for the glitch method.

Pictures of my installation,

Last edited:
Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm working with a clone CR Rev c glitch chip and I accidentally flashed a timing file to the nor side. I didn't realize that I had to move the switch button to the programming side to flash the xsvf file instead. Then I desoldered the capacitors on Jap and 3-2 and bridged them along with cap. I flashed the programming bank of the chip and flipped the switch to phat since I'm working on jasper 512mb bb. I flipped the switch back to Nor and plugged the console in to turn but instead a black screen comes up, 3 red and middle green light are flashing from the console, and the green led on the chip never lights up.

All four nand dumps (not full dumps) match. I created the ecc image under jtag with r-jtag and aud_clamp selected to create and write xell-reloaded in j-runner. I'm using the R-JTOP for the glitch method.

Pictures of my installation,

Well First Trim The Wires There's To Much Exposed Wire That Can Be Touching Other Points.

Second Your Diodes Are Suppouse To Be Facing Other Way (Black Spot Has To Be Facing Other Side).

Third You Didn't Do A Aud_Clamp So You Gotta Remove That Option, You Just Did The Regular Jtag Install.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well First Trim The Wires There's To Much Exposed Wire That Can Be Touching Other Points.

Second Your Diodes Are Suppouse To Be Facing Other Way (Black Spot Has To Be Facing Other Side).

Third You Didn't Do A Aud_Clamp So You Gotta Remove That Option, You Just Did The Regular Jtag Install.

I will do all of the above. As far as the CR Rev c programming, does it matter if I accidentally wrote a jasper xsvf timing file to NOR? I tried to erase it in j-runner but it didn't do anything. I did write the timing file to the programming side by turning the switch on the chip. Do I need to worry about it?

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I will do all of the above. As far as the CR Rev c programming, does it matter if I accidentally wrote a jasper xsvf timing file to NOR? I tried to erase it in j-runner but it didn't do anything. I did write the timing file to the programming side by turning the switch on the chip. Do I need to worry about it?
You Should Be Ok I Sometimes Forget Myself To Swap As Well.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
You Should Be Ok I Sometimes Forget Myself To Swap As Well.

I did everything that you said to do. I soldered the diodes with the black end facing the solder point and soldered points clk, post, rst, ground, and 3.3v with shortened wires. I reflashed the jasper (r-jtop) xsfv to the programming bank on the rev c. In j-runner, I made the xell-reloaded image with j-tag and selected r-jtag (left out aud_clamp) and then did it with just jtag selected. First boot, black screen, no red lights from the console, and only a red light from the rev c. Second boot, black screen, three red lights, and the red light from the rev c. I'm using the copy of j-runner from jointheresistance's 'rgh 1.2 from start to finish' and used the jasper timing file is from his r-jtop tutorial. What usually causes the rev c to only display the red led? I can't pin point exactly why I'm getting three red lights and a red light from the rev c. What usually causes it?

New pictures,

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I did everything that you said to do. I soldered the diodes with the black end facing the solder point and soldered points clk, post, rst, ground, and 3.3v with shortened wires. I reflashed the jasper (r-jtop) xsfv to the programming bank on the rev c. In j-runner, I made the xell-reloaded image with j-tag and selected r-jtag (left out aud_clamp) and then did it with just jtag selected. First boot, black screen, no red lights from the console, and only a red light from the rev c. Second boot, black screen, three red lights, and the red light from the rev c. I'm using the copy of j-runner from jointheresistance's 'rgh 1.2 from start to finish' and used the jasper timing file is from his r-jtop tutorial. What usually causes the rev c to only display the red led? I can't pin point exactly why I'm getting three red lights and a red light from the rev c. What usually causes it?

New pictures,

Unsolder The Cap.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Unsolder The Cap.

Removing the cap allowed the chip to glitch. Xell is instant boot but booting to the dash is another matter. This jasper only boots with r-jtag and aud_clamp selected under jtag for the xebuild image. The first two boots were between 10-17 seconds and then on after it won't boot, xbox 360 logo freezes, and will sometimes boot normally after removing power for more than 40 seconds. Could it be that it needs a more accurate timing file or what could it be?

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Removing the cap allowed the chip to glitch. Xell is instant boot but booting to the dash is another matter. This jasper only boots with r-jtag and aud_clamp selected under jtag for the xebuild image. The first two boots were between 10-17 seconds and then on after it won't boot, xbox 360 logo freezes, and will sometimes boot normally after removing power for more than 40 seconds. Could it be that it needs a more accurate timing file or what could it be?
Post Pictures Of Wiring Route.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Post Pictures Of Wiring Route.

I want to take back what I said about my glitch times and 360 logo freezes with aud_clamp selected when writing the xebuild image to the nand as I was mistaken. I rewrote the xebuild image with aud_clamp deselected and only with r-jtag selected and booting times improved without the 360 logo freezing but I only tested it in two power cycles. Also I was seeing 10-17 second boot times (first boot was fast) but the second boot time was only possible after removing the power cable and plugging it back in after 1 minute.

My wires mostly all around have long slacks. The longest wire is the black one soldered to the diode beneath board feeding to the top where the jtag points are. New pictures are below,

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
I want to take back what I said about my glitch times and 360 logo freezes with aud_clamp selected when writing the xebuild image to the nand as I was mistaken. I rewrote the xebuild image with aud_clamp deselected and only with r-jtag selected and booting times improved without the 360 logo freezing but I only tested it in two power cycles. Also I was seeing 10-17 second boot times (first boot was fast) but the second boot time was only possible after removing the power cable and plugging it back in after 1 minute.

My wires mostly all around have long slacks. The longest wire is the black one soldered to the diode beneath board feeding to the top where the jtag points are. New pictures are below,

Your Console Blue / Green Wires Are Around The Coils Causing Interference, Would Reroute Those Wires Away From Them.

I Put Blue Dots On The Coils.

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Your Console Blue / Green Wires Are Around The Coils Causing Interference, Would Reroute Those Wires Away From Them.

I Put Blue Dots On The Coils.

That did it! I rerouted the wires away from the area with the coils. With your help I was able to complete this project. Thank you! After 10 power cycles, the first 4-6 cycles yielded 7-13 second boot times and the rest between 25-40 seconds. Every boot was successful and the 360 logo didn't freeze.

Killjoy666

Killjoy666

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
That did it! I rerouted the wires away from the area with the coils. With your help I was able to complete this project. Thank you! After 10 power cycles, the first 4-6 cycles yielded 7-13 second boot times and the rest between 25-40 seconds. Every boot was successful and the 360 logo didn't freeze.
Thats Good It's Working, And You Can Solder The Cap Back Again And See If The Boot Times Get Better Worst Case Scenario If It Doesn't Boot Unsolder It Again, But If You Feel Comfortable How It Is Just Leave It As Is..

x86

x86

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thats Good It's Working, And You Can Solder The Cap Back Again And See If The Boot Times Get Better Worst Case Scenario If It Doesn't Boot Unsolder It Again, But If You Feel Comfortable How It Is Just Leave It As Is..

Yeah I could give it a shot since I'm still going to work on this console. I'm going to solder a TX demon and see how that goes.

Top Bottom
Login
Register