PC About Having two profiles on PC

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto V Support' started by Starchomp, Oct 4, 2018 with 6 replies and 77 views.

1. Starchomp

Starchomp Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So currently I own a version from steam .
    Can I buy the one from Rockstar site and run it on the same pc?
    Also do I have to download the game again like one belongs to steam and one from rockstar site?

Or is it like overwatch accounts, as long as foiyou have the game downloaded previously you can logout from battle net and log in using the new account

In this case log out from social club and login with the new game .or do I have to download it for the second time ?

2. Navy Davey

Navy Davey ☠️Friend of the Devil☠️ Premium

Ratings:
    You just make another steam account and social club account.
    You can let other players use your owned games just like consoles.
    Look in Steam settings to enable game sharing:wink:

3. OP
    Starchomp

Starchomp Enthusiast

Ratings:
    But I still have to download the game for the second time correct?

4. Navy Davey

Ratings:
    No if you already have the game on your pc you don’t download it twice.
    If it’s a different pc you do.

5. Navy Davey

Ratings:
    I own two copies
    On two PCs
    I can use either steam account on either PC.
    If I create a new social club account and new steam profile I can use gta on either pc that it’s already on.
    Both steam and social club
    Are free services unlike PSN and XBL
    On the same PC you only need to create new Steam And Social Club profiles. That’s it.

6. OP
    Starchomp

Starchomp Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Hot it. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  7. EyeDuDab

EyeDuDab ...But Those Are All Piping Dreams! Premium

Ratings:
    If one is steam and the other is a standalone, it's not as ez since they both use separate launchers and social club checks.
    I would advise using virtual machine to create a separate process that you can run side by side on the same PC simultaneously. Adjust threading priority and resources accordingly.
    I think the standalone version would have to be installed separately from the steam version/folder. But steam gives the option to register any copy as a steam copy using your key.
    You can run 2 instances on the same machine if running a virtual machine, otherwise, the steam launcher will error and tell you gtav is already open

Family manager on steam is wierd, but yes, you can game share. Only 1 user can log in and play at a time, so try the VM method to access both simultaneously.

PS, use steams backup feature to prevent full downloads of files anytime in the future. :wink:

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018