About forging maps

Discussion in 'Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST' started by hoss halo3 modder, Jan 23, 2009 with 6 replies and 440 views.

1. hoss halo3 modder

hoss halo3 modder Enthusiast

Ratings:
    How do u keep an object in the air when the game starts
    I try to keep a object in the air and when I try playing the level it fell
    If any one now I would thank u very much

2. NicksMods

NicksMods Contributor

Ratings:
    is it a solid object? if it is start forge and put the object where you want it and click save map and end the game and then start it back up it will be floating

3. OP
    hoss halo3 modder

Ratings:
  4. VexxVoid

VexxVoid Semi Colon Close Parenthesis

Ratings:
    Then try placing an object, like a box or wall then placing the object you want to float on top of it, after everything is settle delete the box or wall leaving the object on top floating.

5. Flip Kill

Flip Kill Newbie

Ratings:
    Both of the things Sha_P and NicksMod said work but some items if you interact with them in anyway after you do that they will fall like the crate power core or any vehicle or weapon but some items will stay up and you can walk on them like the box a bridge some stairs and id say the most used on the old maps are the teleporters since they are used to keep items that fall up but most of those are only on the DLC maps though

6. NicksMods

NicksMods Contributor

Ratings:
    then your not trying to do solid objects, your trying to do movable objects, so now what you want to do is get a couple boxes and place 2 3 or 4 reciever mode teleporters not conected to any chanel and place them on the box then place a pallet or w/e on those teloperters then delete the boxes under the teleporters and you can jump on the etc shoot them etc but if you want it to not move at all then place 1 weapon holder on top of it and it wont move.

that is all you can do to make them not move.

(dont be shy to click the "thanks" button)

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    hoss halo3 modder

Ratings:
    i was doin it with a single create on stanoff and i was goin to try to make a yellow brick road because people asking for it and it keep falling so i'll try using a different object thanks i'll let u know if it works

i found out what i was doin wrong
    i was doin it were there was no ground so when it start it would fall thanks alot and check out the map i made yellow brick road: yellow brick road(forged map)