С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Mythical Veteran Trifecta TotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I've seen a fair amount of threads come up regarding various installations of games that come with more than one disc onto exploited 360's. Not all games are the same in this respect, but I figured I would set a few things straight with these games so that others can quickly learn on how to install each type of them.

All in all, installations of multi-disc games simply depend on what type of multi-disc game you're working with:

Situation A: Two Discs (An "Install Disc" & A "Play Disc"):

1. Install Disc
= Install normally through the retail dash by inserting the disc and running it. If you have an .iso, you can either try to run it on your console once it is extracted or you can move the folder located inside the content folder of the disc to HDD1/content/0000000000000000/ on your HDD or other 360-formatted storage device. Keep in mind though, some games require more than just that one folder, so if you're doing a manual move, make sure you know what you're moving. You can often find specific installation guides for a game just from Google if you're unsure.

Note: Once you have installed the mandatory content from the "Install Disc," you don't need to keep the disc on your HDD. Either delete it, or save it on a PC to save space on your console.

2. Play Disc = Extract using DVD extract in FSD and then run its default.xex. If using .iso's, simply extract using Xbox Backup Creator into a folder and move the folder somewhere onto your console.

Example Game: GTA V
Some other games that follow this format: Halo 4, Battlefield 4.

Situation B: Two Discs (Two "Play" Discs)

Disc 1
= Extract using DVD extract in FSD to one of your storage devices (HDD1, USB0, etc).
Disc 2 = Extract using DVD extract in FSD to one of your storage devices (HDD1, USB0, etc).

Note: If using .iso's extract both discs into their own folders and then make folder paths on your console as shown below:

Extract and place as follows:

[Storage Device]/Games/Game Name/ disc 1/[ extract disc one here ]
[Storage Device]/Games/Game Name/ disc 2/[ extract disc two here ]

From here, you would need to set game paths in FSD for both the .xex in the disc 1 folder and the .xex in the disc 2 folder. What this does is allows FSD to automatically "swap" discs for you when you need to in-game (otherwise, your game would just stop and say "Insert Disc X." By setting paths for both discs, you'll have two covers in FSD, but you can just move one of these covers to "No Section" so you only have one cover visible even though both game paths still exist (Do this by viewing one of the game covers, selecting "Options," then "Move Game," and finally to "No Section").

Note: Make sure the F3 plugin is enabled for the disc-swapping feature to work! Otherwise though, Dashlaunch also has a disc-swap feature called "autoswap." It can be found under the "Behavior" tab in Dashlaunch. Try to Enable it / set it to "True."
Note: Aurora currently does NOT have a disc-swap feature!

Example Game: Rage
Some other games that follow this format: Dead Space 2, Dead Space 3, Max Payne 3.

Situation C: Unique Scenarios (i.e. "What is even going on?")

Some games are simply so special that they need their own installation guides for JTAG/RGH/R-JTAG installations. My favorite example has to be "Wolfenstein: The New Order." It comes with four discs, one of which has to be ran as a GOD (won't work if ran as extracted via .xex) and the others are all discs that are played on. The moral of the story is sometimes you can't just guess on how to install a certain game. In "Unique Situations," use Google and YouTube as your friends :smile:

For fun, here is how to install "Wolfenstein: The New Order"

Disc 1: Mandatory install that has to be ran as a GOD. Use ISO2GOD to convert .iso to GOD format and then run it on your console. Once finished, this disc can be deleted.
Discs 2, 3, 4: These are "Play" discs that get extracted to their own folders and you need to set up FSD's autoswap with them (See filepaths below and details for FSD's auto-swap feature within the text of "Situation B" in this guide)

[Storage Device]/Games/Wolfenstein TNO/ disc 2/[ extract disc two here ]
[Storage Device]/Games/Wolfenstein TNO/ disc 3/[ extract disc three here ]
[Storage Device]/Games/Wolfenstein TNO/ disc 4/[ extract disc four here ]

Example Game: "Wolfenstein: The New Order"

Last edited:
J

JayBlaze

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks so much for this i was always wondering how to do this.

T

T H see

Reaction score
Sin$
lol i was needing this for a gta v install less than a month ago. i worked it out. but wish i had it then. nice tut.

ofwgkta ovo mlg

ofwgkta ovo mlg

Reaction score
Sin$
I've seen a fair amount of threads come up regarding various installations of games that come with more than one disc onto exploited 360's. Not all games are the same in this respect, but I figured I would set a few things straight with these games so that others can quickly learn on how to install each type of them.

All in all, installations of multi-disc games simply depend on what type of multi-disc game you're working with:

1. Install Disc = Install normally through the retail dash by inserting the disc and running it. If you have an .iso, you can either try to run it on your console once it is extracted or you can move the folder located inside the content folder of the disc to HDD1/content/0000000000000000/ on your HDD or other 360-formatted storage device. Keep in mind though, some games require more than just that one folder, so if you're doing a manual move, make sure you know what you're moving. You can often find specific installation guides for a game just from Google if you're unsure.

Note: Once you have installed the mandatory content from the "Install Disc," you don't need to keep the disc on your HDD. Either delete it, or save it on a PC to save space on your console.

2. Play Disc
= Extract using DVD extract in FSD and then run its default.xex. If using .iso's, simply extract using Xbox Backup Creator into a folder and move the folder somewhere onto your console.

Example Game: "GTA V"

Disc 1 = Extract using DVD extract in FSD to one of your storage devices (HDD1, USB0, etc).
Disc 2 = Extract using DVD extract in FSD to one of your storage devices (HDD1, USB0, etc).

Note: If using .iso's extract both discs into their own folders and then make folder paths on your console as shown below:

From here, you would need to set game paths in FSD for both the .xex in the disc 1 folder and the .xex in the disc 2 folder. What this does is allows FSD to automatically "swap" discs for you when you need to in-game (otherwise, your game would just stop and say "Insert Disc X." By setting paths for both discs, you'll have two covers in FSD, but you can just move one of these covers to "No Section" so you only have one cover visible even though both game paths still exist (Do this by viewing one of the game covers, selecting "Options," then "Move Game," and finally to "No Section").

Note: Make sure the F3 plugin is enabled for the disc-swapping feature to work! Otherwise though, Dashlaunch also has a disc-swap feature.

Example Game: "Rage"

Situation C: Unique Situations (i.e. "What is even going on?")

Some games are simply so special that they need their own installation guides for JTAG/RGH/R-JTAG installations. My favorite example has to be "Wolfenstein: The New Order." It comes with four discs, one of which has to be ran as a GOD (won't work if ran as extracted via .xex) and the others are all discs that are played on. The moral of the story is sometimes you can't just guess on how to install a certain game. In "Unique Situations," use Google and YouTube as your friends :smile:

Disc 1: Mandatory install that has to be ran as a GOD. Use ISO2GOD to convert .iso to GOD format and then run it on your console. Once finished, this disc can be deleted.
Discs 2, 3, 4: These are "Play" discs that get extracted to their own folders and you need to set up FSD's autoswap with them (See filepaths below and details for FSD's auto-swap feature within the text of "Situation B" in this guide)

great tut!

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Updated OP with extra game examples.

XxGAMERIVANxX

XxGAMERIVANxX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I installed first disc, then did the game disc, but then, when I launch the default_mp.xex or default.xex, my xbox shuts off...

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I installed first disc, then did the game disc, but then, when I launch the default_mp.xex or default.xex, my xbox shuts off...
I know this post is from awhile ago, but for clarification, when this happens it usually means that you should update your dash version or grab the latest TU for the game you're trying to install.

KingChickenModz

KingChickenModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$

1. Install Disc = Install normally through the retail dash by inserting the disc and running it. If you have an .iso, you can either try to run it on your console once it is extracted or you can move the folder located inside the content folder of the disc to HDD1/content/0000000000000000/ on your HDD or other 360-formatted storage device. Keep in mind though, some games require more than just that one folder, so if you're doing a manual move, make sure you know what you're moving. You can often find specific installation guides for a game just from Google if you're unsure.

2. Play Disc
= Extract using DVD extract in FSD and then run its default.xex. If using .iso's, simply extract using Xbox Backup Creator into a folder and move the folder somewhere onto your console.

Example Game: GTA V
Some other games that follow this format: Halo 4, Battlefield 4.

Disc 1 = Extract using DVD extract in FSD to one of your storage devices (HDD1, USB0, etc).

Note: Make sure the F3 plugin is enabled for the disc-swapping feature to work! Otherwise though, Dashlaunch also has a disc-swap feature.

Example Game: Rage
Some other games that follow this format: Dead Space 2, Dead Space 3, Max Payne 3.

Situation C: Unique Scenarios (i.e. "What is even going on?")

you lost em in the first method. when you say "Install normally through the retail dash by inserting the disc and running it." do you mean just open the disk drive and put in in normally and download it. and then when its done you delete it? im doing this on GTA V by the way.

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
you lost em in the first method. when you say "Install normally through the retail dash by inserting the disc and running it." do you mean just open the disk drive and put in in normally and download it. and then when its done you delete it? im doing this on GTA V by the way.
With the first method, when I say about inserting the disc and running it, i am referring to the "install" disc as opposed to the "play" disc. With GTA V, just insert the "install" disc into your Xbox 360 and run it just like you would if your Xbox was not modded. You could just use xexmenu and move the content folder instead as I said above. I recommend just running the "install" disc though as it is easier on your part.

KingChickenModz

KingChickenModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
With the first method, when I say about inserting the disc and running it, i am referring to the "install" disc as opposed to the "play" disc. With GTA V, just insert the "install" disc into your Xbox 360 and run it just like you would if your Xbox was not modded. You could just use xexmenu and move the content folder instead as I said above. I recommend just running the "install" disc though as it is easier on your part.
but i dont have a harddrive in my xbox only a usb as the harddrive

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
i configured the device to it. is that the same?
Yes. So, when you run the Install disc, just select your USB as your storage device and it will install the mandatory content there.

KingChickenModz

KingChickenModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes. So, when you run the Install disc, just select your USB as your storage device and it will install the mandatory content there.
i did it all and got the game downloaded but when i try to add a mod menu it will just freeze and when i try rebooting it the xbox just stays on the xbox loading screen until i take the hard drive out and roboot it than i have to plug the hard drive back in and everything just repeats

Atlas

Atlas

С.Т.А.Л.К.Е.Р.
VIP
Retired
Hidden Devils
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
i did it all and got the game downloaded but when i try to add a mod menu it will just freeze and when i try rebooting it the xbox just stays on the xbox loading screen until i take the hard drive out and roboot it than i have to plug the hard drive back in and everything just repeats
That sounds more like a stealth issue if you're just having to reboot over and over. I'd say make a support thread in the 360 or GTA support sections.

KingChickenModz

KingChickenModz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That sounds more like a stealth issue if you're just having to reboot over and over. I'd say make a support thread in the 360 or GTA support sections.
do you know anywhere where i can get a cheap lv and stealth ? ok just trying to start again but these prices are crazy

Noobert

Noobert

RGH/Flashing Support
VIP
Retired
Trifecta Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
do you know anywhere where i can get a cheap lv and stealth ? ok just trying to start again but these prices are crazy
The only Stealth we're allowed to recommend outside of Premium, is NiNJA.

If you purchase Premium on the Site, you'll be able to find cheaper alternatives.

S

Shadow Fyre

Reaction score
Sin$
Hey, I've been trying to get Oblivion GOTY edition working seeing as how it's a 2 disc game: one the actual game and the other the content. But when I run Oblivion and press new game my Xbox freezes. It's driving me crazy because I have no clue what's wrong. I put the dlc files in the current folder under content, title ID, then dlc files. And xm360 sees them and unlocks then. But they don't show up under downloads and my games crash when I press new game. Maybe the two are related?

Top Bottom
Login
Register