Discussion A rumor about jailbreaking

• Thread starter blockydoor6
  • Start date
  • Views 345
B

blockydoor6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there is a rumor going around about jailbreaking the 4.40 ofw by downloading the jailbreak and installing it. but i heard the only way to install it is by having a 3.55 cfw or ofw and the other way is having a cfw 4.21 which i cant seem to find other than the one made by glitchyjoey with the demonstration mode and install packages that never worked. so can someone tell me if there is a cfw 4.21 that can help install the 4.40 cfw or rebug which ever one?or even a 4.30 cfw

J

jnieves0014

Reaction score
They only way to install CFW on ANY! compatible PS3 is to downgrade to 3.55 OFW then install choice of FW.
there is a rumor going around about jailbreaking the 4.40 ofw by downloading the jailbreak and installing it. but i heard the only way to install it is by having a 3.55 cfw or ofw and the other way is having a cfw 4.21 which i cant seem to find other than the one made by glitchyjoey with the demonstration mode and install packages that never worked. so can someone tell me if there is a cfw 4.21 that can help install the 4.40 cfw or rebug which ever one?or even a 4.30 cfw

W

Wolf

Zombies :D
Retired
Reaction score
That's called a spoof buddy.

C

Chips 98

Getting There
Reaction score

only way to have a CFW is to have a ps3 on 3.55 ofw//cfw and there is 4.41 CFW made by Rebug and on in the works by Rogero. but as said only way to have them on a ps3 is to have the ps3 on 3.55 or lower OFW/CFW

B

blockydoor6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
only way to have a CFW is to have a ps3 on 3.55 ofw//cfw and there is 4.41 CFW made by Rebug and on in the works by Rogero. but as said only way to have them on a ps3 is to have the ps3 on 3.55 or lower OFW/CFW

then why does every youtube video about installing the 4.40 cfw say you need a 3.55 ofw or cfw and this also works if you have the 4.21 cfw

W

Wolf

Zombies :D
Retired
Reaction score
then why does every youtube video about installing the 4.40 cfw say you need a 3.55 ofw or cfw and this also works if you have the 4.21 cfw
A spoof is a package you install on 3.55 that spoofs a specific version. Don't believe anyone that says there's a new version of CFW. It will be all over this section when there is.

B

blockydoor6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A spoof is a package you install on 3.55 that spoofs a specific version. Don't believe anyone that says there's a new version of CFW. It will be all over this section when there is.

ok

C

Chips 98

Getting There
Reaction score

that is true lol but in order to have CFW on a PS3 it has to be on 3.55 OFW. once on CFW you can install any CFW over another CFW, example: 4.21 CFW on top of 3.55 CFW and 4.30 CFW on top of 4.21 CFW and so on. And as for what Wolf is saying, he is sort of correct. the 4.21,4.30,4.40 CFW that are out are actually a modified 4.21,4.30,4.41 firmware. a spoof makes a ps3 think that its on a certain firmware then it actually is, example: a 4.30 spoof for a 3.55 CFW makes the ps3 think its on 4.30 when in fact it still is on 3.55.

B

blockydoor6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is true lol but in order to have CFW on a PS3 it has to be on 3.55 OFW. once on CFW you can install any CFW over another CFW, example: 4.21 CFW on top of 3.55 CFW and 4.30 CFW on top of 4.21 CFW and so on. And as for what Wolf is saying, he is sort of correct. the 4.21,4.30,4.40 CFW that are out are actually a modified 4.21,4.30,4.41 firmware. a spoof makes a ps3 think that its on a certain firmware then it actually is, example: a 4.30 spoof for a 3.55 CFW makes the ps3 think its on 4.30 when in fact it still is on 3.55.

ok i get it thanks :smile:

Top Bottom