A Question

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Modding' started by Cuddle, Jun 18, 2009 with 3 replies and 323 views.

1. Cuddle

Cuddle Newbie

Ratings:
    OK I'm new to modding and I was just wondering if there was any way to mod the text in a halo 3 film clip (Not screen shot) such as the game type, ammo amount, weapon symbol, somebody's name, and anything else within the HUD? If not, do you think it will ever be possible? I would also love to H2 nade launch in H3, but I know you would need the RSA key.

2. yomamma5

yomamma5 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    cuddle its car what do you think your doing i have already told you it cant be done
    talk to me on live about the text thing

3. Otaku Se7en

Otaku Se7en The Old School VIP Retired

Ratings:
    You can mod the gamertag names in the game, armor, spartan numbers, emblems, colors, and thats about it.

4. unknown v2

unknown v2 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Modding the hud is somewhat unlikely because of the way the films work. They aren't as static as you would think. They work with the flow of what's happening. For example, if you pick up an Assault Rifle, it will show the AR hud, if you change that Assault Rifle to a Rocket Launcher in the same film, it would show the Rocket Launcher. There's nothing in the films that 'says' "text here", "ammo here". That would probably take up more space and make films bigger.

What the film does is store events and actions, such as deaths and movements.