What's new

Solved A question about cloning hard drives.

• Thread starter Killercacciatore
  • Start date
  • Views 393
K

Killercacciatore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys i recently softmodded my original xbox v 1.4 and i was planning on upgrading the hard drive...
My question is...while im cloning the hard drive can i power one hard drive from the xbox and the other one from my pc? or i must use a molex splitter connected to the xbox?

T

TehCactus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe powering the drive with your PC's power supply will work. Haven't tried yet as I'm waiting for my SATA adapter in the mail.

K

Killercacciatore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe powering the drive with your PC's power supply will work. Haven't tried yet as I'm waiting for my SATA adapter in the mail.
I know this thread is pretty old, but I always wanted to tell this to someone, I did it but, I did it in the most "ghetto" way possible.
So since I didn't realize I could just short the 2 pins on the 24 pins plug I connected the PSU to a motherboard and to keep it on, I left it without any ram installed, then I connected the hard drive to the PSU and I put the Xbox on top of the computer case , the hardest past was turning both Xbox and PSU on at the same time which I think I didn't have to do.
it was an overall scary experience cause it was my first time and I didn't have the best setup xD , at least now I'm enjoying my modded Og Xbox.

R

reminon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a 1.4 you could install a custom bios, and build new hard drives from the xbox itself. You could ftp backup the old drive, build a new drive with a hexen disc, and then ftp the old files to the new drive.

K

Killercacciatore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With a 1.4 you could install a custom bios, and build new hard drives from the xbox itself. You could ftp backup the old drive, build a new drive with a hexen disc, and then ftp the old files to the new drive.
I think I have a 1.4, I remember that mine doesn't have the GPU Heatsink fan.
Can I check it from the soft mod menu?

R

reminon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should be able to, what's the date on the sticker say?

K

Killercacciatore

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Softmod Installer Deluxe says "Xbox: 1.1 (0b)" I think it's not a 1.4 then

Top Bottom