Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZombieKing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
This is from an unknown source but is very convincing

Answer to why people got BAN from Xbox LIVE!

Microsoft (MS) issued a firmware update on to LIVE user. If you want to play LIVE you must install their new UPDATES. What this new update does to LIVE user is that, it allow MS to look in to your drive and identify your game disc. This is the REASON why people getting BANNED! It does not matter what type of disc it is, it will identify if the disc if it is a real copy.

USER: Well I know my backup is stealth patched I'm sure it is 100% LIVE safe.

ANSWER: WRONG! If you noticed that (abgx) help stealth patch game and tried their best to patch almost all possibility to prevent from backups being detected. The autofix from (abgx) help patch what they assume the game codes should be on.

USER: What do you mean? I thought (abgx) is 100% stealth PROOF.

ANSWER: Lets just say (example) that a original copy of Gears of War has 5 sets of code used. These codes identifies it as original copy. Now, when you tried to Stealth Patch using (abgx), it will recognize the game and identify which category of (WAVES) that the game should be on. And if those codes are missing, (abgx) will implement them with the files of your backup. Once your backup is patched, you may use it on LIVE. Yes, that is correct because the original has only 5 sets of codes and now your backup file also has 5 set of codes.

USER: Thats it, original game has 5 set, my backup has 5 set. It should be good to play LIVE.

ANSWER: WRONG! Before anyone sign on to LIVE now, you must install their firmware update before you can sign on to you LIVE Account. Here is how everyone can get BANNED! This update will allow MS to look in to your disc that you have in your 360 and identified each code. Even though you have the (5 sets of codes), those number must match to a specific number, each and single one of them.

Original code - 11111111111111111111111111
Patched code - 11111111111111111111111112

Just off by one NUMBER, you will get BANNED.

This LIVE update is a NEW security from MS. It doesn't matter what type of iXtreme you have, iXtreme is here to help you reduce the chance of being BANNED.

To have a better understanding on how iXtreme work:

A regular, retail Xbox 360 disk is split into several sections or "partitions". One of these partitions is known as the "video partition". Before March 2009, this partition simply contained a video that would play if you inserted the disk into a regular DVD player, the video would basically tell you that you were an idiot and need to put it into an Xbox 360 to play it.
One of the ways Microsoft can detect you being a dirty, filthy pirate is to scan this video to make sure it matches with what is supposed to be on the disk, so to protect you, the firmware itself does a quick checksum of it and if it doesn't match with known video data, it wont boot. Every now and then, this video changed, with each change being called a "wave".
Normally, system updates (dashboard updates) are stored on a different part of the disk, taking up about 8Mb of space, however in November 2008 Microsoft launched the "NXE", a completely new Dashboard for the system. Along with the new dash came Avatars, making the whole update substantially larger (somewhere in the region of 130MB). This meant the update wouldn't fit on the disk in the same partition that previous updates were located and so instead the update was placed within the video partition. This was known as "wave 3" and hit around March 2009.
As Microsoft now distributes new Dashboard updates in the same partition, each time the 360 gets a software update, we will see a new "wave" a few months later. There was a Dashboard update in August 2009 and that is now being distributed with the latest games. This is known as Wave4. Its identical to Wave3, except the video partition now contains the August 09 Dash update. The first known game to have this was Cars Race-o-rama.
Now, its important to remember that iXtreme was designed to PROTECT you and part of that protection is the "video partition" check. When this video partition changes, the firmware doesn't know if its just a new "wave" or if its a bad rip and thus opts to not boot it.
When wave 3 hit, iXtreme 1.51 was quickly released to tackle the problem. This was a temporary fix only, the firmware simply does not do the video partition check and thus was supposed to boot ANY wave, up to wave 4 and beyond.
However, this in itself is "unsafe". If the disk is fine, then you'll be fine, but if the video partition is in any way corrupt, iXtreme 1.51 will still boot it and thus you could be detected by Microsoft and banned. This also is not helped by the fact that some impatient, idiotic people decided to "patch" Wave3 games with Wave2 data in order to get iXtreme 1.5 or below to boot it. This is a great way to get yourself banned and thus iXtreme 1.6 was created.
ix1.6 will only

NFLD_BULLET93

NFLD_BULLET93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
There are people who flashed firmware and never plays a burnt disk and got banned explain that 1
EX: some 1 gets their xbox flashed but cant play burned games until they get some disks ordered in or the need a new dvd burner. I’ve hade friends who were in this situation and were band within a couple days with out ever playing modded disks

Fail Troll

Fail Troll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
bherritt said:
There are people who flashed firmware and never plays a burnt disk and got banned explain that 1
EX: some 1 gets their xbox flashed but cant play burned games until they get some disks ordered in or the need a new dvd burner. Ive hade friends who were in this situation and were band within a couple days with out ever playing modded disks
I don't care what anyone says. I don't believe that one bit. "Oh I'm innocent, I never played a burned game" Then why the heck did you mod it in the first place? Bunch of BS. I just got a new 360, modded it but heard about the ban wave and didn't play any backups. Same with my other friend. Guess what? Were not banned. And its almost been a week with flashed firmware and over 2 weeks for my friend. Like the OP said, it is the burned games. I don't believe they can detect the firmware.

M

Mantis Assassin

Reaction score
Sin$
Fail Troll said:
I don't care what anyone says. I don't believe that one bit. "Oh I'm innocent, I never played a burned game" Then why the heck did you mod it in the first place? Bunch of BS. I just got a new 360, modded it but heard about the ban wave and didn't play any backups. Same with my other friend. Guess what? Were not banned. And its almost been a week with flashed firmware and over 2 weeks for my friend. Like the OP said, it is the burned games. I don't believe they can detect the firmware.

I agree with you 100%. c4eva said it himself, the fw is NOT detectable. I believe the people who have been banned were flagged a while back, but Microsoft decided to hold off on banning until the holiday season. I hear claims every time that ixtreme has been detected, yet it always ends up being untrue. If you got banned then their are 2 reasons for that: 1. You played a bad rip or a review copy 2. You were banned for something unrelated to modding.

I

inloxicater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
does mean anything it could be no one knows so far these are all the theorie
1.abgx causing most likely
2.firmware most likely not
3.people flashing there console being banned same day has happened without playing a disk doesn't mean its detectable maybe they can see the change that has occured happened who knows.
4. mw2, borderlands, so on most likely not if anything if you played early you might have a bad rip or abgx got you banned
5. new disk protection possible but doubtful someone would have noticed by now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register