What's new

Question A new racing game that's being built to specifically support community mods

G

Gus_O_o

Reaction score
Sin$
Hi guys,

There's a game being built called '22 Racing Series' (I'm one of the developers on it) that's being built from the ground up to fully support a modding community and content creator economy. We've been developing all our own game engine tech, game logic, and mod tools for the last 10 years, so that we could keep it out of the hands of publishers and other big game engine licencors that could possibly shut it down.

We've built heaps of tech for it already, including full physics for cars, bikes, drones and planes, as well as heaps of game mechanics that've never been in a racing game before, like track sector capture and economy for mid-race performance upgrades, along with on-track abilities where you can paint the track with different effects that can affect your team and/or opponents in lots of different ways. Game mode wise, there's the usual suspects like free-for-all races, elimination, point to point etc, as well as some new stuff for racing games, like a 100 player race royale.

Our idea is that we create all of this cool stuff - maybe too much cool stuff for one single game - and then put it into the hands of modders to pull apart and put back together however they like, as well as adding their own new stuff. And we're partnering up with a blockchain company, so that you can build and release your mod under a smart contract that allows you to sell your mod (if you like) and automatically handle the transactions. It'll allow content creators and modders to work together, so that they can make a cut of sales if you use their items in your mod, or you can make a cut if they use your mod as a starting point for their own new one.

I'm new to this forum, so I can't post a link to it here. But feel free to jump online and check it out if you're interested.

Would love to also hear your thoughts on the idea of the project, and if you like the idea of an indie developer supporting a modding community by try to help them build out the tools and access they need to make whatever they like.

Cheers!

Top Bottom
Login
Register