A little clarification

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by the_one_23, Feb 7, 2009 with 5 replies and 316 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_one_23

the_one_23 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    So i've been putting off modding my 360 for a while now, but the time has come haha. Anyways, so what Im a little cloudy on is this: So what do you need to flash your firmware for exactly? I know you need to in order to backup your firmware and do dumps of games, but do you keep a different firmware on the system from that point on or what? In other words what im trying to get it is

Edit: Read a little more into it, only some questions remain.

3. Is the firmware just for backing up the original firmwareand making game dumps? Or do you need to have the other firmware on there in order to play burned games?

4. Can you still play live without getting banned after modding your 360

5. Can you play burned games on live?

I know these may be pretty noob questions, but I haven't really been keeping up latley and would appreciate any help. Thanks

2. EZYESS57

EZYESS57 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    There was an old firmware that you could flash to your 360 drive to make your own game dumps directly from the 360 drive. Then you flash the 360 drive with another firmware to play the games after they were burned. Constantly flashing back and forth between 2 firmwares or possibly installing a chip that allows you to have two firmwares. Only problem is I believe the firmware to dump games from the 360 drive was only compatible with one brand of 360 dvd drive.

I use a PC drive in an external USB enclosure flashed with Kreon's firmware to make my 360 dumps. Then I only have to flash my 360 drive once with the latest ixtreme firmware. Thsi firmware stays on the drive always to play burned games.

You can play burned games on LIVE if you make the game dumps and burn them the proper way. (Kreon drive + Xbox Backup Creator = Proper Way) However, chance are eventually M$ will find you and come to your house for your first born. Or they'll just ban your console from LIVE. I've been on LIVE with burned games for almost a year but I've also been banned once and had to by a new console.

3. OP
    the_one_23

the_one_23 Enthusiast

Ratings:
  4. JoeMal

JoeMal Retired Retired

Ratings:
    The new firmware is what allows your DVD drive to read the burnt games. You HAVE to have flashed firmware to run burned games

Yes you can still play live without getting banned, though there is always a risk

Yes you can play burnt games on live, once gain

5. TehPhelix

TehPhelix Retired Retired

Ratings:
    3. All you need is ixtreme and you can play burnt games.

4. Yes, just make sure your games are stealthed, there are tutorials for that. They don't really even have to be stealthed. If you have ixtreme 1.5 you are even less likely. However there is always the change of getting banned on xbox live.

5. Yes

6. OP
    the_one_23

the_one_23 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Alright thanks for the information, for whatever reason when i made that bump EZYES's post wasnt shown after the refresh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.