What's new

Discussion A last call for all Bouncers/Jumpers/Trickers.

• Thread starter badstrafe
  • Start date
  • Views 1,002
badstrafe

badstrafe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
We need you guys.
There was a point in time when Halo tricking was exponentially greater in population, and accounted for thousands of gamers spread across sites like High Impact Halo, Alt-gaming, Se7enSins, and Mythica. Each site housed an impressive populace of like-minded individuals: Glitchers, Modders, Trickers, Bouncers, Launchers, Jumpers and other various Halo enthusiasts/communities..
There isn't a single medium left that hasn't experienced a significant drop in number or disappeared completely since then. We had hoped for the resurgence of these communities with the Master Chief Collections release last November, and were left with an even smaller count as a result.​

We realize that in the wake of MCC's launch, few if any that still play would even be interested in our project. We get that. Motivation is the biggest factor that plays into montage creation. 343's not left us with much in that regard, but in spite of MCCs faults, TeamAmerica1 and I have managed to pull together a mere 10 solid clips. All of which are brand new, and range from out of map bounces/slants, crossmap jump/stacks, and incredible campaign launches possible only in mcc. The only problem we're facing now is the dreaded plateau, in which all of our yet-to-land clips remain.. well, unlanded. Some even for months.

This is were you guys come in. Originally I had planned to do a collaborative Halo 2 project, and after reaching out to a few groups, I was only able to get two others to contribute. This unfortunately didn't prove to be enough for the project I'd originally envisioned. So, instead of waiting another 6 months to release something we'd feel is sufficient, (5-7 minutes worth of new content). Why not open it publicly, cutting down the time to find/land clips, whilst doubling or tripling the content for viewers? Instead now, Project Resurgence is a community montage, open to jumps, launches, & bounces across all consoles. Campaign and Multiplayer.

Tl;dr.
  • We're turning Project Resurgence into a community montage.
  • The name is not final, and is open for suggestions.
  • Everything will be recorded with HdPvrs, and rendered in 1280-720p for youtube.
  • All serious inquirers are accepted.
  • A capture card is not required, but is helpful, as I have to record theater/third-person cam.
  • The montage is currently focused within Halo 2 classic, but we're willing to branch out to the others assuming your provided clips match the quality of those prior accepted.
  • We've set the bar high in terms of our content and clips, and as a standard, everything submitted must be new, as in newly discovered. Variations of old glitches are acceptable, if the end result varies enough from the old.
  • Credit will be given where it's due. As a preemptive measure to eliminate any chance of drama, use the xbox dvr to record any of your findings and upload straight to your personal youtube as unlisted.
  • Thanks to TeamAmerica1 we have access to an entire albums worth of copyright free music, provided by his band, The Art of Surrender.
  • This project is a labor of love, nobody is being paid for the work done here. The video will also not be monetized, end of story.
  • You must have Skype, a group chat is necessary for info swapping, and keeping everything running smoothly.
You can contact myself GT:Too Freakin Bad or TeamAmerica GT: vapecore, on xbox live for further information on joining.

UPDATED

Please direct all hate messages regarding the music here.

Last edited:
snafu

snafu

Retired
Retired
Hidden Devils
A Milli Programmer Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
I have an elgato HD60 if you need help recording.

Top Bottom
Login
Register