What's new

Solved A few last Jtag questions as I finish up mine

Ewok

Ewok

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay first off my other computer is dumping the NAND as I type this, but it is taking FOREVER, I was told it would take around 40 minutes but it has been going for almost 2 hours. I think this is just because of my old slow as dirt computer. But I just want to make sure there isn't any other way to make it go faster.

Second, I understand what KVs are and how to install them, but can you extract KVs from any 360 or just the Jtagable ones?
Also, can you extract KVs from RRoD 360s?

And lastly, I can retrieve my DVD key from my Jtag right?

OnyX

OnyX

Ideas are Bulletproof
Retired
MotM Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
Okay first off my other computer is dumping the NAND as I type this, but it is taking FOREVER, I was told it would take around 40 minutes but it has been going for almost 2 hours. I think this is just because of my old slow as dirt computer. But I just want to make sure there isn't any other way to make it go faster.

Second, I understand what KVs are and how to install them, but can you extract KVs from any 360 or just the Jtagable ones?
Also, can you extract KVs from RRoD 360s?

And lastly, I can retrieve my DVD key from my Jtag right?

Nope, honestly the slower the better. It means that the amount of errors in the dump will be minimum to none. You can only extract KV's from JTAG'ed xbox 360's. Alos, if your xbox 360 has the red ring of death, first you'd have to fix it then see if it's JTAG'able, to see if you could extract KV's. But to answers your question directly, no you can't. And yes, you can retrieve your DVD key from your JTAG.

Ewok

Ewok

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Nope, honestly the slower the better. It means that the amount of errors in the dump will be minimum to none. You can only extract KV's from JTAG'ed xbox 360's. Alos, if your xbox 360 has the red ring of death, first you'd have to fix it then see if it's JTAG'able, to see if you could extract KV's. But to answers your question directly, no you can't. And yes, you can retrieve your DVD key from your JTAG.

Thanks, you guys have been Extremely helpful through this process. The waiting is just killing me haha. And since I only have one set of cords no LIVE for me till its finished. And how will I know its finished? right now it says...

"Reading
0394"

OnyX

OnyX

Ideas are Bulletproof
Retired
MotM Frame In Gold
Reaction score
Sin$
You know it will be finished when it stops writing the blocks, and when the command prompt clears and your back with a flashing semi-colon.

Ewok

Ewok

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So the first Dump was a success, but the second one just ran into an error. It says...

Error: 300 reading block E0
Error: 300 reading block (E1 - F1)

and now every block after E0 has been an error, Why is this happening

Top Bottom
Login
Register