Discussion A few JTAG Questions

• Thread starter anieli
  • Start date
  • Views 432
A

anieli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok well I have been considering getting a JTAG for a while now however I know very little about them so could somebody answer a few questions for me?

1. Would I be able to write a program and run it on a JTAG from a USB or whatever?
2. What is the the function of the key vault and the advantages of having an unbanned one?
3. Which type of motherbored to get? There seemed to be many different ones for example Xenon, Falcon, Jasper.
4. Differences between Freeboot and XBReboot?
5. Do I need any hardware like a transfer cable?

Also I plan on using it to modify games OFFLINE just because I find it interesting. I presume they can all do this provided I have the files?

Thanks for your time.

L

Lea

VIP
VIP
Reaction score
Ok well I have been considering getting a JTAG for a while now however I know very little about them so could somebody answer a few questions for me?

1. Would I be able to write a program and run it on a JTAG from a USB or whatever?
2. What is the the function of the key vault and the advantages of having an unbanned one?
3. Which type of motherbored to get? There seemed to be many different ones for example Xenon, Falcon, Jasper.

Also I plan on using it to modify games OFFLINE just because I find it interesting. I presume they can all do this provided I have the files?

Thanks for your time.
1)no
2)the key valt was for to unban the jtag but jtags can not go on line so key valts don`t mean s***.
3)to be onist with you mate get a jasphear if you got the mony.
4)they are the same realy mate.
5) you will need a usb cable but you can just ftp i think it is called and all it is like trnasphear your s*** from your comp to the jtag.

P

Positive Drip

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1.Yes you can write, play and do some debuging if you have the sdk plugin for jtags (runs threw [fsd=freestyle dash soon to be RxE])

2. The keyvault is useless as jtags cant go online, so you will only need a banned one

3. I suggest getting a jasper doesnt matter what memory they are the best console by far

4. XBReboot is a out dated version of running un signed code its for the old dashboards, freeboot or other known as fbbuild is for all the latest dash's like 9199 and up to 13599 atm but the 14699 will be out very soon (the reason we need these dashs and such is to go online if live capable and they patched the jtag hack at dash 7371 unless doing the RGH).

5. depends there are heaps of ways to transfer stuff from the pc to jtag or vice versa, FTP, usb and hardwired to the xbox hdd or sata

Hope i helped.. pm me if you need more info about jtags

B

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Reaction score

Thanks for your time.

1. With the right software, yes.
2. It contains the console information. There is no real advantage of having an unbanned one versuses a banned one, simply because any JTAG will not connect to Xbox Live.
3. Falcon is the best for price/reliability. Jasper is the best for reliability, but has a higher pricetag.
4. XBR is old, last supported dash was 8955. freeBOOT has been maintained up to 13604.
5. It's not necessary, as you can use FTP to transfer files to the hard drive.

Top Bottom