What's new

Discussion A Couple Questions (Verizon)

MarkEdge

MarkEdge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So, I have a D2G out of contract. I hate it. I want either an iPhone (Which should I get?) or a Galaxy Note 2. However, I do not have rights to the VZW account. Can I just pull the SIM out of my D2g and put it in the Note2? And If I do get an iPhone, could I pull the SIM out and use it in a Note? To me, iPhone lacks too many features that I love about android to ONLY use it.

PAN5Y

PAN5Y

Blessed
VIP
10th Anniversary Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Get the note 2, It takes less than $20 to get it unlocked.
I like the iPhone 5, But the iPhone 5's is already underway.

ReSuReKtZ

ReSuReKtZ

Mythical Veteran Chatty Kathy Donator
Reaction score
Sin$
You have a sim card for the Droid 2 global? I didnt know they had sims..

chris213

chris213

Android™
Reaction score
Sin$
For better or worse, yes.
The way Verizon SIMs work now is they have your number and they are for your 4G LTE. It's a grayish/silver SIM card. The iPhone uses a Micro SIM, which is only found in those phones plus the newer HTC phones with no removable battery. The Note 2 takes regular sims. You would not be able to put your Droid 2 Global's SIM in an iPhone.

I also feel like the SIM you have is just to make the phone global? Because I think the Droid 2 was really old and 4G didn't exist, correct?

So to my knowledge your SIM would not work in any new Verizon phone, you would have to pick up a SIM and port your number to it at a Verizon store.

MarkEdge

MarkEdge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The way Verizon SIMs work now is they have your number and they are for your 4G LTE. It's a grayish/silver SIM card. The iPhone uses a Micro SIM, which is only found in those phones plus the newer HTC phones with no removable battery. The Note 2 takes regular sims. You would not be able to put your Droid 2 Global's SIM in an iPhone.

I also feel like the SIM you have is just to make the phone global? Because I think the Droid 2 was really old and 4G didn't exist, correct?

So to my knowledge your SIM would not work in any new Verizon phone, you would have to pick up a SIM and port your number to it at a Verizon store.
What about a SIM reader/writer?

chris213

chris213

Android™
Reaction score
Sin$
It's a tool that plugs into the PC and can read/write a sim card.
That's really neat. I still don't think it would work. I feel like your SIM is different than the regular one and wouldn't work in the phone.

Dafuq

Dafuq

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Get the note 2 or the new galaxy s4 that's coming out later this year
If you can wait

MarkEdge

MarkEdge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That's really neat. I still don't think it would work. I feel like your SIM is different than the regular one and wouldn't work in the phone.
I mean would the files on an Android sim be the same as an iPhone's. I can transfer the data but I can't edit it.

chris213

chris213

Android™
Reaction score
Sin$
I mean would the files on an Android sim be the same as an iPhone's. I can transfer the data but I can't edit it.
Oh I understand. Not really sure. Never had an iPhone. I don't really suggest you get one, lol. But anyway what you could do is put the Sim files on your computer and even if it doesn't transfer right you could open up your contact list file you made and manually put them in the phone.

Top Bottom
Login
Register