A couple of L4D modding Notes.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Cameronie, Feb 4, 2010 with 7 replies and 445 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cameronie

Cameronie Newbie

Ratings:
    first off. Why doesn't L4D have it's own forum yet? 90% of the threads on the front page of the general Other Xbox360 Games forum says it should have it's own.

ok, now the reason why I'm posting this. A few wrong things that I've been seeing going on constantly with soo many people's posts on their usersettings:

adding Explosive AND Incendiary ammo at the same time to a gun doesn't work. yes it will show up on the screen saying you have it, but it's only the one that you added second that will have any effect taking place. So please don't put those together anymore.
    also note that if you want to spawn a bunch of guns and items on the same button, thats fine, just as long as you don't put any upgrades on the guns. if You do, then it won't work. you can spawn a bunch of guns together on a single button all of them with upgrades, but once you add the upgrades you can't mix and match guns and items on a single button.

Now for the most important one that almost everyone will benefit from. [credit goes to XanderChaos (Valhalla forums)]
    Toggling!
    you don't have to put something like "sv_infinite_ammo 1" on one button and "sv_infinite_ammo 0" on another button.
    all you have to do is put Toggle right after bind. i.e.:
    bindToggle "STICK2" "sv_infinite_ammo"
    That will turn it on and off on the same button.
    (bindtoggle works too. big T or little t doesnt matter.)

• Like Like x 1
  2. w0lfschild

w0lfschild Enthusiast

Ratings:
    1:
    only works for things with setting 1 and 0
    2:
    some dont need a toggle I believe it will toggle it automatically if you leave the space after it blank?
    3:
    bind "STICK1" "incrementvar host_timescale 0 10 .5"
    bind "STICK1" "incrementvar host_timescale 0 10 -.5"

^ this is the bombest way to cycle through stuff with more than 0 and 1

3. lx NaUTiCa xl

lx NaUTiCa xl Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i try to follow xander's teachings and i actually missed this one, so thanks.

one quick modding note, to spawn jimmy gibbs jr on atrium the cvar is "z_forcezombiemodelname common_male_jimmy" the only problem with it is ALL the normal infected are jimmy gibbs jr... anybody have any suggestions to dumb-it-down to spawning just one jimmy? --- ive also seen something for whitaker/fallen survivor but cant really get the gears rolling on that one...

4. Vysse

Vysse Enthusiast

Ratings:
    try z_spawn common_male_jimmy

5. DT2

DT2 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ^^+2

Not to be a **** or anything, but they're clogging up the main forum. They definitely need their own space.

6. OP
    Cameronie

Cameronie Newbie

Ratings:
    just thinking about the toggle and the aliases.
    say I made:

alias "sa 1" "give rifle"
    alias "sa 0" "give autoshotgun"

and then in one of my aliased controller set ups I had something like:

bindToggle A_Button sa;

would that let it switch between rifles and shotguns?

7. w0lfschild

w0lfschild Enthusiast

Ratings:

actually that sound like it just might work? Im not really sure but I guess it would just give a shotgun and then give a rifle next time you pressed it.

8. lx NaUTiCa xl

lx NaUTiCa xl Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ^^^ in theory that sounds like it would work, but i couldnt get anything out of it. i tried:
    alias "t 1" "give sniper_military"
    alias "t 0" "give defibrillator"

(alias bind with UP) bindtoggle BACK t

--- for the record my alias setup DOES work but when i attempted this, my BACK button worked regularly 'togglescores'

-- PS "z_spawn common_male_jimmy" just spawns common infected (yes, even on the atrium level)