A couple newb questions

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Mod Help' started by caseybarlow, Jun 29, 2009 with 1 replies and 239 views.

1. caseybarlow

caseybarlow Newbie

Ratings:
    Hi my name is Casey(Gamertag FamousM0n0xiDe)

First off let me say I'm not really new to modding( just one example: on pc Rainbow Six, years ago I skinned bmps of Eminems face onto a hostage and my face onto a squad leader, edited weapons, built crude 3d models, etc. fun times) , just new to any kind of console game modding which i realize will be alot more limited than on pc..

I also love creating custom maps (FarCry 2 editing was GREAT!)
    However the Halo series is by far my favorite online game. When I heard they were adding custom map creation I got all happy and was really hoping for something along the lines of Farcry. Shame on me. I was sorely dissapointed in this *map creation* system. If Halo had implemented a system even close to Farcry's, I wouldn't be here.

Now I have seen some really creative map editing here and there but I have come to realization that I need a dev kit to do any REAL modding. I don't have that kind of money right now (nor the coding/disassembling knowledge for that matter) so I'm wondering if the XSATA is gonna be worth the price. I've only begun to scratch the surface in reading these tutorials and such so if my questions are lame, sorry.

1. Is there a program out, or in the works, to mod the map lighting, or maybe the properties of FX Orbs without a dev kit?
    2. Can you clone blocks onto Sandbox and make them go past the item limit? ( i have a few decent ideas for that map but always run out of blocks and i do have the infinite money version and after almost bringing my full idea to light, it says something like *cannot create object, too many items on map* already deleted unecessary cloned items in the skybox)
    3. Is there any way you can skin those boring sand blocks on Sandbox?
    4. Has anyone released a mod in Avalanche with alot more trees, heavy snowfall, or anything cool like that?
    5. Is there anyone who has a mod for Sandbox with the skybox and sandstorm of Sandtrap?

I have alot more questions but this is all I can think of now. Thanks for reading.

edit:
    5. by skybox i mean the 3D Studio definition (the sky map, lighting etc)

2. gurvirj95

gurvirj95 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    1. Not that I know of
    2. I don't think so but you might be able to edit it with a Hex editor.
    3. I don't think so.
    4. Not that I know of. Search for those model code things.
    4. I don't have it I don't think there are any. At all.