• Thread starter Cole Goodyear
  • Start date
  • Views 1,074
C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
So you've been anxiously awaiting the dev team's release the new Pwnwage tool 3.0 so you can jalibreak your phone, right? Well this guide will help you with the 3.0 jailbreak process on Mac OSX

Step 1: Open up the Pwnage tool 3.0 and in the top left of the window, hit the picture of Albert Einstein that puts you in "Expert Mode"

picture10u.png

Step 2: Choose your device whether it be a first gen iPhone, 3G iPhone, or iPod touch. This demo will be for an iPhone 3G running a legit AT&T contract

picture3rpt.png

Step 3: Click the blue arrow and it will bring up a screen of firmwares. You're going to select the one that says, "iPhone 1,2_3.0_7A341". If you were using a first gen iPhone, it would look like, "iPhone 1,1_3.0_7A341", and an iPod touch would replace iPhone with iPod.

picture1olr.png

Step 4: You'll get dragged to a window with 6 options. General, Bootneuter, Cydia, Custom Packages, Custom Logos, and Build

Step 5: Click on the general tab. If you are a LEGIT AT&T carrier you leave the "Activate iPhone" checkbox blank. The default root partition size will be around 500mb, but I always bump it up to about 750 just in case I ever use up 500. It's a personal preference there, but I reccomend making a partition size larger than 500mb

picture2wrc.png

Step 6: Click the blue arrow and you'll get taken to the Bootneuter Screen. It SHOULD be grayed out as the 3G isn't compatible with this page, only the first gen is

Step 7: Click the blue arrow again and you should be at the Cydia Setting page. This page allows you to download packages from Cydia straight from the Pwnage process. I've never really used this function, but it can be somewhat helpful if you already know the name of some packages you know you'll want to install

Step 8: Once again click the blue arrow and you should see the Custom Packages tab. This is the list of installers you can choose to install on your phone. I reccomend both Cydia and Icy, but if you have a personal vendetta against one of them, be more than happy to deselect it

picture4pbi.png

Step 9: Mash that blue button again and you'll be taken to the custom boot logo screen. Here you can select what image you see on your phone as it boots up. The default one is the apple, the default pwnage is a russian steve jobs/pineapple. People have mixed feelings about making these because if for whatever reason you need to take your iPhone in for service, if the apple rep sees a pineapple upon booting he'll glare at you and banish you from the shop. I always do it cause I love the personalized feel. And it makes my friends jealous

picture5ppp.png

Step 10: So after selecting/deselecting the option to make custom boot logos, hit the blue button once again and hit build. To make things easy, just save the new custom firmware to your desktop for easy access.

Step 11: Allow the building process to occur. It usually takes around 10 minutes, so don't get nervous, your phone is fine.

picture6b.png

Step 12: When prompted the question asking if your iPhone has been Pwned before, SELECT NO!!! Even if you have pwned before, select NO. It allows a more thorough restore and makes the DFU process easier.

picture7wjr.png

Step 13: There will now be a bunch of onscreen instructions that should help you put your phone into DFU mode. I'm not going to go into detail here, just do what the program says. If you cannot follow their instructions, you have no reason to be jailbreaking your phone.

Step 14: After successfully entering DFU mode, close out of the Pwnage tool, and open iTunes (If it hasn't done so already)

picture8k.png

Step 15: You'll get a message that says something along the lines of "iTunes has detected an iPhone/iPod in recovery mode". Just hit ok, you're fine

picture9ksa.png

Step 16: Now while holding down the (alt or option) key, click on restore. Navigate to your custom firmware you made on your desktop and hit enter.

Step 17: Wait for it and you're done! You can either set up as a new iPhone or restore from a backup. I usually start a new one to start fresh and whatnot.

If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help. Thanks for reading!

punkskater2448

punkskater2448

Taking Over The World
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
hm.. Wonder when they will have this for my new Iphone 3GS
Nice copy and paste by the way

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
None of this was copy and pasted. 0 of it. All my pics, all my wording. The tool JUST came out, i haven't even seen any other tutorials.

And you're one to talk man. ALL your tuts are ripped from other sites VERBATIM so don't gimme lip

Venomous Fire

Venomous Fire

Retired Admin 4 Life
VIP
Retired
Diamonds Are Forever Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
I can verify this is NOT copy/pasted, and his his own work.

Punk if you have an issue with this that's fine, but leave it out of this thread, we all know you aren't the person to be saying "such and such a tut was stolen"

ANY discussion outside of questions or NICE comments will be deleted after this post. If you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all.

Nice tut Coletrain

H

hoss halo3 modder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
yea nice tut can you make me a custom firmware and give it to me. i'm on windows:thumbdown:

C

Cole Goodyear

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
lol I could probably do it some time later today. Make a list of stuff you want and I'll make you one. Bootlogos/partition size/etc.

H

hoss halo3 modder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
um lol i want apples boot logos so in case something happens i can take it to apple.:biggrin: and the same as the other jailbreak. iphone 3g. if you need any other info let me no thanks

oh and I'll do the 750

H

hoss halo3 modder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
it depends where you live but yea it was quick lol but i wont complain:thumbup:

Wast3d Monk3y

Wast3d Monk3y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The tool for jailbreak is coming out for windows either tonight or tomorrow, Ill keep you guys updated

D

Darkaj750

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Redsn0w is out now, which works for everything apart from 3GS and works on windows and mac.

H

hoss halo3 modder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Its call ultrasnow and its been out since the release day

eclipsegsxr

eclipsegsxr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
redsnow and ultrasnow are two different things...also ultrasnow is yet to be released..

redsn0w is an easy to use, multi-platform, multi-device jailbreaking and unlocking tool for the iPhone 2G (original iPhone), the iPhone 3G (but not the 3GS) and also the iPod touch (first and second generation). Currently it is available for Windows and Mac OS X

where as ultrasnow is the carrier unlock for updated basebands that came with the 3.0 update

H

hoss halo3 modder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol well i got out smarted lol there are so many snow this snow that it gets confusing

Top Bottom
Login
Register