B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
The new deal, which could launch as soon as next week, according to unnamed sources, will see Microsoft provide a 4GB console with a Kinect sensor via Microsoft Stores, for $99. Currently, that bundle costs $299. Buyers would be locked into a two-year $15-a-month contract, which would also provide them with an Xbox LIVE Gold subscription, as well as a two-year hardware warranty. There may also be some inclusive content deals with cable and sports programming providers.
Soccer mums go wild! I can already picture many unhappy, sad faces on Christmas morning. Not like a kid would care or even have the slightest clue, but if you are familiar with the alleged bundle and what it means, you won't be too happy with this for a gift.​

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol 99$ + (15 x 24 = 360$) which totals 459$ - xbox live for those 2 years say 100$ so take that away, youre left with a 359$ xbox 4gb.. f*** that **** not a deal at all considering a normal xbox and kinect 4gb is 299 dollars..

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Lol 99$ + (15 x 24 = 360$) which totals 459$ - xbox live for those 2 years say 100$ so take that away, youre left with a 359$ xbox 4gb.. **** that **** not a deal at all considering a normal xbox and kinect 4gb is 299 dollars..
That's the catch. But if you keep that console offline and you know a thing or two about "making magic", that's a $99 console you'd buy over and over again.

Work out cheaper for modders, wouldn't it? Buying a brand new slim for that price, which includes Kinect, you can make your money back and some.

denz

denz

The Kingslayer
Retired
MotM End of the Year 2014 Trifecta
Reaction score
Sin$
That's the catch. But if you keep that console offline and you know a thing or two about "making magic", that's a $99 console you'd buy over and over again.

Work out cheaper for modders, wouldn't it? Buying a brand new slim for that price, which includes Kinect, you can make your money back and some.

Indeed, however im assuming you get live either way offline or online so you still have to sign up for the contact, its just like a phone contract.

Noumenon

HazardousBanana

Seasoned Member
Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
So could you sign up with a credit card and then cancel the credit card? I'm not sure how this works.

DaftHacker

DaftHacker

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams
Programmer Forum Addict Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This is very interesting. Someone should call xbox and get some more info about this contract.

Monopolyman

Monopolyman

PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Tutorial Creator Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
So could you sign up with a credit card and then cancel the credit card? I'm not sure how this works.
Ya, I'd use a pre-paid though. And also its not like Ms can enforce that you pay for live to get the console. I know most people will buy this console for modding reasons, therefore never go online with it :wink: And you could make some serious cash via RGHing hell even just selling it on ebay, definitely going to buy one to try my first attempt at RGHing

Monopolyman

Monopolyman

PC Gamer and Tech Enthusiast
Retired
Mr. Nice Guy Tutorial Creator Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
Ya, I'd use a pre-paid though. And also its not like Ms can enforce that you pay for live to get the console. I know most people will buy this console for modding reasons, therefore never go online with it :wink: And you could make some serious cash via RGHing hell even just selling it on ebay, definitely going to buy one to try my first attempt at RGHing

Indeed, however im assuming you get live either way offline or online so you still have to sign up for the contact, its just like a phone contract.
But if you just have to register it online or something then you can use a prepaid, and as I said before, most people on the 7s community already have a xbox and would want to purchase this for modding reasons

Top Bottom
Login
Register