• Thread starter moonstone_77
  • Start date
  • Views 31,959
moonstone_77

moonstone_77

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi all just been reading somewhere that they were 950 games release for original Xbox just wondered if any modder out there has install these games on the Xbox hard drive. If so how big had drive do you have and exactly how many games have you got on there.

Just asking as I want to try it myself and wondered if others have done it.

Post video if you have thanks look forward to watching it cheers

D

duhjuh

Reaction score
Sin$
This isn't possible, as far as I'm aware. IDE drives don't go up to large enough capacities to hold that many games, since they can be anywhere from 1-6 GB, usually being 4 GB. I've only got 25 games, and that's nearly 70 gigs, meaning 950 games would be 2.5 TB. Even with an IDE to SATA adapter, I believe you can only go up to 2 TB with a SATA drive, so there's no way you could get them all. However, whatever list you saw probably included duplicate games, such as ones with PAL and NTSC versions, or even PAL/NTSCU/NTSCJ. Realistically I don't think there's 950 unique Xbox games, the console wasn't around very long and wasn't very popular.
This is totally wrong the original xbox used ata hardrives(what most poeple call ide) they came in many sized up to and larger than 500 gig. my original xbox used a 320 westerndigital drive without any form of adapter .

Unbound 7s

Unbound 7s

0x50676f573
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This is totally wrong the original xbox used ata hardrives(what most poeple call ide) they came in many sized up to and larger than 500 gig. my original xbox used a 320 westerndigital drive without any form of adapter .

Seeing as the thrad is already necroed lol. I just also wanna add that I have 750GB SATA/ATA/IDE drive on original xbox using EvoX modchip

Top Bottom
Login
Register