What's new

Solved 9199 to 126211 / 12625 update = E79 Help !!

• Thread starter RJP101
  • Start date
  • Views 707
RJP101

RJP101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Hi, okay a few days ago i upgraded my JTAG from 126211 to 12625 and it all went pear shaped, it started with a bad flash resultng in christmas lights!! i fixed that by reflashin my original nand dump then the 9199 freeboot over that? whenever i try upgrade to the kinect dash it results in the start splash screen then E79 error?? iv looked into this and firstly i checked all the wiring/joints which is fine after a slight adjustment :smile: I then extracted my kv from original nand and config and smc from 9199 image and used freebuild v20 to make a new nand image, flashed with xellous and xflash with no joy?? seems anyway I flash or make the files it results in E79 errors, my current 9199 image has no bad blocks and my KV ,cpu key is correct etc!! although iv learned a lot with this has anyone had a similar situation and found a good solution or can anyone suggest a better way to flash or make an image etc..

PS my console is a falcon and iv used easy freeboot, jtag tool, fbbuild and prob a couple more for the images, tried different usb sticks and ports etc!! Please help me if you can guys id really appreciate it

TechnicalGuy

TechnicalGuy

Glory is Pain
Reaction score
Sin$
If I were you I would not flash your DVD drive for a while.

Since "Microsoft" is coming out with the new dashboard update that is strong against Anti-Piracy, and when you install the update, it will re-write the software/firmware on everyone's dvd drive.

Therefore if you already have a flashed dvd drive, the software on the dvd drive will get re-written if you choose to download the new dashboard update.

If you do not choose to download the new dashboard update, you will not have access to Xbox Live, so in that case you would have no choice. Unless you don't want to use Xbox Live.

But then again...what is an Xbox without Xbox Live? LOL It's our world!
biggrin.gif

RJP101

RJP101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
If I were you I would not flash your DVD drive for a while.

Since "Microsoft" is coming out with the new dashboard update that is strong against Anti-Piracy, and when you install the update, it will re-write the software/firmware on everyone's dvd drive.

Therefore if you already have a flashed dvd drive, the software on the dvd drive will get re-written if you choose to download the new dashboard update.

If you do not choose to download the new dashboard update, you will not have access to Xbox Live, so in that case you would have no choice. Unless you don't want to use Xbox Live.

But then again...what is an Xbox without Xbox Live? LOL It's our world!
biggrin.gif

Thanks for that but its a jtag im refering to, so was nand flash :smile: thanks for the heads up tho, good to know

A

ANG3LK1LL3R127

Trusted Member
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
i would strongly recommend using boXXDr's AUD_clamp method it helps with falcon e79 errors. think i spend like $8 for supplies at radio shack. here's a tutorial http://www.boxxdr.com/boxxdrjtag.html

EDIT: also coolshrimp's jtag tool also has an option for aud_clamp wiring to build your freeboot image. makes it super simple. hope this helps.

RJP101

RJP101

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i would strongly recommend using boXXDr's AUD_clamp method it helps with falcon e79 errors. think i spend like $8 for supplies at radio shack. here's a tutorial http://www.boxxdr.com/boxxdrjtag.html

EDIT: also coolshrimp's jtag tool also has an option for aud_clamp wiring to build your freeboot image. makes it super simple. hope this helps.

Thanks i will definately try this :smile: iv heard very good things from this too

Top Bottom
Login
Register