Vino

Vino

Undercover LV
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Received an update today? Look here for the patch notes!

Summary
In Hotfix 5, we made a few changes to reduce the effectiveness of a humbling number of economy exploits. Check out these Destiny Dev Notes to read a summary of our impressions since launch.

Activities
Missions

• Reduced drop rate of engrams following a hard wipe [fixed in 1.0.1.4]
*Clarification: This effect only lasts for a short period of time immediately following a hard wipe
Queen's Wrath Event
  • Material rewards for dismantling Queen's Wrath gear will no longer provide ascendant materials, but missions will continue to drop Legendary items

World
Destinations

• The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Forgotten Shore have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Ember Caves have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in the Shattered Coast have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in the Barrens have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 20)

_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Received an update today? Look here for the patch notes!

Summary
In Hotfix 5, we made a few changes to reduce the effectiveness of a humbling number of economy exploits. Check out these Destiny Dev Notes to read a summary of our impressions since launch.

Activities
Missions

*Clarification: This effect only lasts for a short period of time immediately following a hard wipe
Queen's Wrath Event
  • Material rewards for dismantling Queen's Wrath gear will no longer provide ascendant materials, but missions will continue to drop Legendary items

World
Destinations

• The Hive of the holy “Treasure Cave” have realized the futility of their endless assault on Skywatch and have retired to lick their wounds and plan their next attack.
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Skywatch have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 6)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Forgotten Shore have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in Ember Caves have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in the Shattered Coast have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 10)
  • Respawn timers for monster caves in the Barrens have been normalized to 40 seconds (increased from 20)
Didn't i say they would patch the cave?? Pretty sure I did.

Last edited:
Pyroman

Pyroman

No
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
where do you see that at?
see it now, sorry about that

Modify

Modify

Active and Inactive
Glitcher Mr. Nice Guy Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
where do you see that at?
Missions

(-_-)

(-_-)

6/22/13
CotM TotM FotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Missions
Possibly when they turn off the servers for an update.

_Kira_

_Kira_

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Missions
What is a hard wipe Exactly? Either way they are making this game worse and worse at a steady rate.

Soldier

Soldier

Reporting for duty, sir!
Legendary Veteran Free Hoster Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Missions
Pretty sure that means after you die.

Igotahalfchub

Igotahalfchub

Enthusiast
Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Cool so everytime I play I regret getting this game more and more

Banana Clipper

Banana Clipper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Sux, guess its off to the broken ships for a slow grind or looping around Venus, cant patch that... I think

Keeley Hazell

Keeley Hazell

Lifetime Premium
Lifetime
5th Anniversary Mythical Veteran A Milli
Reaction score
Sin$
That's the dev notes.
Yeah but for the most part it says all the same ****. The hotfix just confirms that those changes were made in the latest update.

Banana Clipper

Banana Clipper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Coming up in the next patch, no more XP grinding, you'll only be allowed to level up once per week... WTH.

Its not like each kill granted you a Rare or Legendary item. I agree with killing the spawn timer, that is a way to 'address' the issue but lowering drop rates it a bit much since I never got 1 engram before learning of this cave at level 13, at least nothing memorable

Modify

Modify

Active and Inactive
Glitcher Mr. Nice Guy Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Cool so everytime I play I regret getting this game more and more
Agreed

This games population is going to drop big time come November. Possibly drop a good chunk for Borderlands, since we actually get loot in that game.

odium

odium

im like ibaka when it comes to blocks
Reaction score
Sin$
thats lame. i got so much free gear afk farming near the cave watching tv.

Vino

Vino

Undercover LV
VIP
Retired
Bright Idea Mythical Veteran Odysseus' Summit
Reaction score
Sin$
Agreed

This games population is going to drop big time come November. Possibly drop a good chunk for Borderlands, since we actually get loot in that game.

They said they were adjusting rewards so I wouldn't count them out yet.

Top Bottom
Login
Register