What's new

Discussion 8 Digit Hex Codes for Crew Colors

xWETy

xWETy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Apparently it matters what I put after the 6-digit hex code for colors.. I've been adding (00) just to make the colors stick when saving.. didn't realize from 00-FF were transparency values.. not sure if this has been covered already but it's new to me. If it hasn't, I'll edit this with more info, so please let me know (@ moderators)

So, if putting a bright color onto a dark background you'd write it as "#XXXXXXFF," and a dark color onto a light background would be "#XXXXXX00," or whatever desired level of transparency... I'd assume to make the colors in GTA pop on a chrome base, you would go to the highest value (FF), because chrome has a black default underlay, and adding it to any of the Metals paints you would go with (00), because they have white underlays.. that should make the color more prominent either way, using a bright crew color and pearl coat. Opposite values for darker colors.

In the link below, you'll find a chart to reference transparency values which can be entered in the Rockstar Social Club "edit Crew" process.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions...s-on-android-six-characters/25170174#25170174

IMG_20201027_145950_445.jpg

Last edited:
M

Marcelo Klem

Enthusiast
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
In fact, opacity will interfere with the final color result! I used it a long time ago. But what happens is that not all opacity levels are accepted in the controller. It will be restricted to 00, FF, AA, and some other possibilities that I don't remember.

xWETy

xWETy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
In fact, opacity will interfere with the final color result! I used it a long time ago. But what happens is that not all opacity levels are accepted in the controller. It will be restricted to 00, FF, AA, and some other possibilities that I don't remember.
Yeah it's just the quarter-markers I think, like 25, 50 n 75%

Top Bottom
Login
Register