74850c Not Found In Jf While Trying To Get Key

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by Vip3rV333, Feb 6, 2010 with 9 replies and 1,219 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vip3rV333

Vip3rV333 Newbie

Ratings:
    Ok well I got a 7485 lite-on, I hooked it up to a dedicated old pc that I got just for flashing drives.

Jungle flasher is set up right (newest version with LT support) with the via 6241 driver and portIO, I have done other version lite-ons before with this setup and it works.

So here's what happened...

The drive could be identified in JF. At that point I was just trying to get the DVD key with the ck3 probe, but I kept getting a "Serial data bad" error. After trying a few times thinking I was just doing the tray-half open trick wrong, then suddenly drive just wouldn't be recognized anymore. I just get the "No Drive Detected" error after starting JF.

I even tried dosflash 32&16 and both apps could not see it either. The drive still works in the 360 and reads games.

Someone please help me figure this headache out, I have wasted two days of troubleshooting on this already.

:cursing:

2. vX Fatality Xv

vX Fatality Xv Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Okay I know what your problem is... Make sure you have the probe selected in the com port. This is why you're getting *Serial Data is Bad* Then touch the probe to the spot on the dvd drive board and press the dvd32 button and it will dump your key 6 times. You know what to do from there.

You're Welcome!

3. OP
    Vip3rV333

Vip3rV333 Newbie

Ratings:
    :biggrin: You misread my post... that "was" my problem, could not get the key... but now the drive doesn't even show up for some reason after I was trying to do the tray half open trick and trying to probe...

4. vX Fatality Xv

Ratings:
    Nevermind, try restarting your computer and running jungleflasher again... Remember, the tray being half-open is a pain. Keep trying!

5. OP
    Vip3rV333

Vip3rV333 Newbie

Ratings:
    I definitely tried restarting the computer a while ago, I have been troubleshooting this for two days. I ask for help on forums as a last resort... :biggrin:

The tray half open is not my worry right now... the DRIVE IS NOT DETECTED by JF... I cant do anything at this point.

6. vX Fatality Xv

Ratings:
  7. OP
    Vip3rV333

Vip3rV333 Newbie

Ratings:
    You want me to erase my firmware off the lite-on before I even got the DVD key? :? I dont think so buddy...

The drive is not even found in dos, plus anyways, that wouldnt have worked b/c I dont even have any firmware with my key in it to flash anyways.

8. vX Fatality Xv

Ratings:
    Lol, woops... Ok, hmmm. I'm just as stumped as you are. If I think of anything I'll post back here.

9. OP
    Vip3rV333

Vip3rV333 Newbie

Ratings:
    :cool: Thanks for trying, I'll just have to wait till the morning when some more ppl are up I guess... Time to sleep off this migraine. :closedeyes:

10. Traken

Traken Enthusiast

Ratings:
    My guess would be conflicting drivers. If you have the absolute latest JF AND have PortIO installed separately, uninstall PortIO. If you have the VIA 6421 drivers installed, uninstall them.

Otherwise, try all sorts of different things. In order to have my drive detected, I had to start windows with a HDD connected to SATA, then unplug it and drive it into my disk drive. Try putting it 1/10th in, 2/5th in, 3/27ths in...