What's new

Question $700 Gaming PC Build?

Hybrid_Mods

Hybrid_Mods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Need a build that is <$700 in total (not including tax). Below is a little about myself and what i want out of the PC.

About myself: Gamer wanting to mess around with PC gaming like on CS:GO, H1Z1, Minecraft, etc style games. I am a video editor (editing call of duty montages) in After Effects with TONS of plugins and heavy amounts of effects, also recording game cinematics smoothly at 60fps.

What I want in the PC: Something "easy" to learn. As in, easy to upgrade, customize "if i choose in the future" and be of no trouble (as in having a problem everyday/time i want to use it). I want it to be able to handle running games at a good fps (not insane settings, but good quality). And be able to handle anything i throw at it in After Effects (that being 3D text modeling like in Element 3D, Cinema 4D, tons of plugins) and it not want to explode and kill itself.

So with all that above being said, YES i have watched "editing/gaming build guides" on YT with "some" help but not much. Why? Well because when they show these "budget builds" they compare 10 other pc's to it and they usually end up saying "well for $20-$50 more you could get a graphics card that will give you 70 more fps" and it just becomes a "mind****" of all these options. So i have decided to come here in hopes to get someone or some people to help me with building a gaming pc!

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
Sin$
700$ for all of this is pretty low. You could still get a pretty solid build but you'd have to deal with a few drawbacks.

Here's what I would suggest you buy instead: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FQ8wJV
I know, it's 200$ over budget but you'll have a really solid PC that will last you for a long time! (You might need to get an adapter for the AM4 socket here: http://www.cryorig.com/getam4.php (It's free))

If you really don't want to spend more than 700$, here's what you could get: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3BQ9Yr
There are a few drawbacks with the 700$ build. The main one being the lack of an SSD. SSDs are almost a must nowadays, they make windows load so much faster and everything that you put on the SSD will load insanely quickly! You will also have less RAM, which will affect your performance when editing and doing 3D stuff. Finally, you'll have a slower CPU with a cheaper CPU cooler.

Considering your budget, you might want to go for the 700$ build and after awhile, get an SSD (Make sure to backup your drive using clonezilla right after installing windows if you want to do that later, it'll make the whole process much easier) and get another stick of 8GB 2400mhz RAM (with a CAS of 16)(Ideally the same model)

MadeSince1991

MadeSince1991

Reaction score
Sin$
i have a PC that is a quad core 2.5 1gb graphic card and 4 gigs ram and i can call of duty with any lag
so im sure if you buy a quad core like a intel i3 should be good and have 8GB ram but thats about $700 AUD (520 USD )
so for the price your looking after so you will definatley get a good pc that will do the job even a $500 pc should be good !
i hope i helped

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
i have a PC that is a quad core 2.5 1gb graphic card and 4 gigs ram and i can call of duty with any lag
so im sure if you buy a quad core like a intel i3 should be good and have 8GB ram but thats about $700 AUD (520 USD )
so for the price your looking after so you will definatley get a good pc that will do the job even a $500 pc should be good !
i hope i helped
Your PC must be quite old. There haven't been any quad core with such a low frequency in a long time!

Also, the i3s are not quad cores but dual cores with hyperthreading. There's a huge difference there!

MadeSince1991

MadeSince1991

Reaction score
Sin$
Your PC must be quite old. There haven't been any quad core with such a low frequency in a long time!

Also, the i3s are not quad cores but dual cores with hyperthreading. There's a huge difference there!
yeah i dont know much about intel
and yes my pc is about 8 years old and still goes good
i need to get a new PC

Hybrid_Mods

Hybrid_Mods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
700$ for all of this is pretty low. You could still get a pretty solid build but you'd have to deal with a few drawbacks.

Here's what I would suggest you buy instead: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/FQ8wJV
I know, it's 200$ over budget but you'll have a really solid PC that will last you for a long time! (You might need to get an adapter for the AM4 socket here: http://www.cryorig.com/getam4.php (It's free))

If you really don't want to spend more than 700$, here's what you could get: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3BQ9Yr
There are a few drawbacks with the 700$ build. The main one being the lack of an SSD. SSDs are almost a must nowadays, they make windows load so much faster and everything that you put on the SSD will load insanely quickly! You will also have less RAM, which will affect your performance when editing and doing 3D stuff. Finally, you'll have a slower CPU with a cheaper CPU cooler.

Considering your budget, you might want to go for the 700$ build and after awhile, get an SSD (Make sure to backup your drive using clonezilla right after installing windows if you want to do that later, it'll make the whole process much easier) and get another stick of 8GB 2400mhz RAM (with a CAS of 16)(Ideally the same model)
thanks for some suggestions.

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
thanks for some suggestions.
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($217.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG - H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350-GAMING 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($109.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Team - Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($51.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.33 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 470 8GB ROG STRIX GAMING Video Card ($187.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Rosewill - GRAM ATX Mid Tower Case ($24.49 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - 550W ATX Power Supply ($32.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $708.05
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-22 23:03 EDT-0400

I would highly recommend going to a 1600x & an SSD & also recommend 16gigs of ram if you can save up a few more bucks

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($246.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-AB350-GAMING 3 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($109.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($48.33 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Hitachi - Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.88 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 470 8GB ROG STRIX GAMING Video Card ($187.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($47.78 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $895.22
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-23 01:02 EDT-0400

SSD's are very pricey atm but will be going back down soon you can always add an SSD later.

Last edited:
Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($217.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Team - Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($51.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA - 550W ATX Power Supply ($32.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $708.05
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-22 23:03 EDT-0400

I would highly recommend going to a 1600x & an SSD & also recommend 16gigs of ram if you can save up a few more bucks

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor ($246.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($109.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA - 550W ATX Power Supply ($32.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $794.95
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-22 23:08 EDT-0400

SSD's are very pricey atm but will be going back down soon you can always add an SSD later.
>More expensive B350 board
>RX470
>1TB HDD for video editing
>550w PSU
>Rosewill case

There is literally no reason to get your build instead of the one I've linked. The RX470 got replaced by the RX570, which is normally the same price and for 30$ more, you can get an RX580 4GB. You don't need 8GB of VRAM unless he's planning on gaming in 4k, which he most likely wont. The stock AMD cooler is also pretty decent and unless he wants to do real overclocking, it's not worth buying an aftermarket cooler. Maybe just save it for an upgrade later on if he ever needs to overclock.

Prefix_NA

Prefix_NA

Seasoned Member
Mythical Veteran Legendary Veteran Fabled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
>More expensive B350 board
>RX470
>1TB HDD for video editing
>550w PSU
>Rosewill case

There is literally no reason to get your build instead of the one I've linked. The RX470 got replaced by the RX570, which is normally the same price and for 30$ more, you can get an RX580 4GB. You don't need 8GB of VRAM unless he's planning on gaming in 4k, which he most likely wont. The stock AMD cooler is also pretty decent and unless he wants to do real overclocking, it's not worth buying an aftermarket cooler. Maybe just save it for an upgrade later on if he ever needs to overclock.

The 570 isn't worth the extra money here the 470 is just a bit lower clocked sure its better to have the 580 but not worth the premium especially giving up 8gb ram for the more expensive model.

Really you don't need 4gb of ram? Because I use full 100% vram on my 4gb 380 which is a much slower card in multiple titles especially when using mods in games. Many titles having lower ram doesn't even let you set highest texture options and latency when moving thing in & out of ram will hurt you.

Normally the 570 is only a few bucks more but depending on deals its sometimes worse buy.

HDD Just noticed he said was doing heavy video editing yeah he should get bigger drives for this thats one point here

PSU is enough to run this rig overclocked fine it just won't last as long as a bigger PSU which doesn't fit this budget well.

Case is a cheap case that hold components use not best airflow but its usable

Top Bottom
Login
Register