555 Timer Rapid Fire Mod

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Hardware Customizations' started by jdcx95, Jul 19, 2009 with 2 replies and 16,435 views.

1. jdcx95

jdcx95 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    This is not the same tutorial as posted before.

THIS IS NOT MY TUTORIAL, ALL CREDITS TO MODDED MATT AND KING MIKE.

ORIGINAL TUTORIAL: adjustable 555 rapid fire on trigger radio shack brand

2. sin 5050

sin 5050 Newbie

Ratings:
    I followed these directions perfectly... Up to the point of installation. I do NOT want rappid fire on my triiger I want it on my Y button. Can I use this mod for that? If so how?? Please help. This is the second mod I've made and already ruined two controllers. I have a momentary button installed and I have the two points that equal a Y button push but what can I attach to it cause all I can ever find are mods for TRIGGERS. There must be a million of them. I've been able to find a mod or two claiming to make ANY button a turbo but the directions are either ridiculously vague or I understood one and tried it and it just didnt work (the one from THIS site that I could find). ANYBODY please.... I dont want a mode changing switch and all that just a simple turbo Y button. Any help is appreciated.

I followed these directions perfectly... Up to the point of installation. I do NOT want rappid fire on my triiger I want it on my Y button. Can I use this mod for that? If so how?? Please help. This is the second mod I've made and already ruined two controllers. I have a momentary button installed and I have the two points that equal a Y button push but what can I attach to it cause all I can ever find are mods for TRIGGERS. There must be a million of them. I've been able to find a mod or two claiming to make ANY button a turbo but the directions are either ridiculously vague or I understood one and tried it and it just didnt work (the one from THIS site that I could find). ANYBODY please.... I dont want a mode changing switch and all that just a simple turbo Y button. Any help is appreciated.

3. gamefreak987654

gamefreak987654 Newbie

Ratings:
    Thx for posting this mod....just finished with it and it works great...i had to use a 555cn timer ic, 1cb86 pc board (had to trim alot off), and a spst micromini togle switch but after a little tweaking and hollowing out of the controller casing i got it to work...works great and i decided to drill an extra hole so i could adjust the setting and everything on that woks good as well...glad to finaly have the project done...just a hint to everyone who wants to do this make shure you are good at soldering...i wasnt very good and almost wasted my 555 chip and the board. BE CAREFULL...and if you dont wana take very much time then just buy a premade controller or a kit....not worth the effort if u dont want to spend a day or two getting parts and putting the thing together....but overall a fun project for me...thx again :smile:
    ...ps i joined just to post this lol...realy happy wth my mod