4pin Vs 8pin Power Supply

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware & Builds' started by Krazykidkel, Dec 13, 2008 with 4 replies and 147 views.

1. Krazykidkel

Krazykidkel Enthusiast

Ratings:
    For those who read my previous post yup am building another rig ~_~ my power supply has 2 4 pin connectors but they don't link up together but i read somewhere that they will plug into a 8pin motherboard (one which am purchasing soon) and i was concern should i go ahead buy the board and would it work properly...am going to look at my cord and see how they look compared to what i read of the website thanks again

2. Psycho Homer

Psycho Homer Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You plug either a 20 pin or 24 pin into your motherboard.

3. OP
    Krazykidkel

Krazykidkel Enthusiast

Ratings:
    wow ummm yah that wasnt the question at hand...talking about my PC power...the small plug...you know the 4 pin and then the intel board am looking at takes an 8 pin

4. Psycho Homer

Psycho Homer Retired Retired

Ratings:
    You should of been clearer. I wouldn't recommend putting them in.

5. OP
    Krazykidkel

Krazykidkel Enthusiast

Ratings:
    ok i take it back it can pretty vague when i look out the tread topic ~_~...read on a website that it would fit the main 4 pin is shaped properly and then the other 4 pin is all circles and fits also and should fit in a 8 pin just wonder if someone has hooked it up with no problems i dont mind trying...or maybe i do :? stepping out of AMD and trying out an Intel setup