3rrod wtf?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 Support Archive' started by PAN5Y, Dec 28, 2008 with 3 replies and 367 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Premium <3 VIP

Ratings:
    Well my xbox keeps getting the 3rrod now i know your going to tell me to x-clamp it but i have no thermal paste.

Its weird, seeing as how heat is not the problem because i have two 12v fans(That connect to ac adapter) and whisper fans where the stock fans go. WTF????

I also did the penny trick so the motherboard wont bend, it shouldn't because it dosent get hot.

There is no hardware failure because when i re soilder the chips by disconnecting the fans for 15 min and let the 360 cool off i play for hours. All seems good but when i turn it on bam 3 red lights.

2. Scar

Scar Retired Retired

Ratings:
    The fans mean nothing without good thermal paste. the stock stuff is complete ****

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    PAN5Y

PAN5Y Premium <3 VIP

Ratings:
    i know gheyyyyyyyyyy

wow this sucks
    well at least i know its the thermal paste now, well i knew but i needed another suggestion

thanks scar

4. Haxalot88

Haxalot88 VIP VIP

Ratings:
    Simple solution is to do the X-clamp with new thermal paste. There's obviously no way around it so don't try to find one. Last I checked, newegg had a 3.5 oz tube for like $10 shipped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.