• Start date
  • Views 397
Neokilla

Neokilla

Life is what you make it.
Programmer Legendary Veteran Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Friend seen what I was getting so he wanted a good pc as well but will to spend an extra grand. All parts must be from the site listed below
  • Budget: 3000
  • Use's: Gaming
  • Time Frame: Christmas
  • Part Preferences: Any
  • Color code: Any
  • How many monitors will you game on? 1 maybe 3 later on
  • Peripherals: Mouse and keyboard
  • Do you plan on building it yourself or buying pre-built: pre-built from shop

L

Legless

Be spontaneous, be kind, be open-minded.
Reaction score
Sin$
Friend seen what I was getting so he wanted a good pc as well but will to spend an extra grand. All parts must be from the site listed below
  • Budget: 3000
  • Use's: Gaming
  • Time Frame: Christmas
  • Part Preferences: Any
  • Color code: Any
  • How many monitors will you game on? 1 maybe 3 later on
  • Peripherals: Mouse and keyboard
  • Do you plan on building it yourself or buying pre-built: pre-built from shop

Why would he want it pre-built but ask for it to be made via PCPartPicker?

Here's a list I came up with (Wait for others to reply): http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/RNy9FT
$3038 :smile:

P.S. I love big-budget builds. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Donator Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$

Here's a list I came up with (Wait for others to reply): http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/RNy9FT

Why did you throw in 2 things of thermal paste? There is thermal paste already applied to it. 

Why did you throw in 2 things of thermal paste? There is thermal paste already applied to it(h100i).

L

Legless

Reaction score
Sin$
Why did you throw in 2 things of thermal paste? There is thermal paste already applied to it. 

Why did you throw in 2 things of thermal paste? There is thermal paste already applied to it(h100i).
Why did you say that twice? Lol, jk. I didn't know it was already applied to be honest.

What do you think of the build?

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Why did you say that twice? Lol, jk. I didn't know it was already applied to be honest.

Looks good. I say it every time but Corsair PSU > buttered bread ... jk :wink:. I know that Kingston did a bait and switch thing on their other ssds so personally I wouldn't support them but I think the hyperx drives are fine.

I am very brand minded when it comes to PC parts so you will always hear little things like that from me.

Chronic Man

Chronic Man

Getting There
Seasoned Veteran Mr. Nice Guy Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Looks good. I say it every time but Corsair PSU

I am very brand minded when it comes to PC parts so you will always hear little things like that from me.

I Am also tbh.

I like it think it's Pretty Good would switch out the PSU with the Corsair AX 860. Possibly the SSD And the HDD, Usually go with an Intel SSD or Samsung. For HDD Usually Always Put In WD Black's 2tb(Just my own prefrence) But that's all i would change. Very good man

L

Legless

Reaction score
Sin$
Looks good. I say it every time but Corsair PSU > buttered bread ... jk :wink:. I know that Kingston did a bait and switch thing on their other ssds so personally I wouldn't support them but I think the hyperx drives are fine.

That's totally fine. :smile: 
I Am also tbh.

I like it think it's Pretty Good would switch out the PSU with the Corsair AX 860. Possibly the SSD And the HDD, Usually go with an Intel SSD or Samsung. For HDD Usually Always Put In WD Black's 2tb(Just my own prefrence) But that's all i would change. Very good man
I was thinking WD but wasn't sure, I'd go with them myself; don't have a clue to be honest why I didn't choose WD lol.

Chazay

Chazay

Android
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
That's totally fine. :smile: 

I was thinking WD but wasn't sure, I'd go with them myself; don't have a clue to be honest why I didn't choose WD lol.
WD blue is good. I'm pretty sure blacks are just a difference in warranty and are just for enthusiasts.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/NpjhBm

Real talk you don't need to spend $3000 on a gaming rig, what I gave you is perfect and more than enough for gaming. I left out a case as well as mouse/keyboard because the case is more personal and you should pick one that you personally like (with my original build I picked what someone else recommended and just hated the way it looked so I got a different one) I do recommend a full tower case as it has more room than a mid tower case.

I also left out the mouse/keyboard as that should be more personal as well since you'll be using it but Razer, SteelSeries, and Corsair all make great peripherals to choose from.

Selena Gomez

Selena Gomez

Retired
Retired
Video Connoisseur CotM Beginning of An Odyssey
Reaction score
Sin$
I told him that and he said he didn't mind spending more, and for keyboard and mouse he also didn't care as long as they were good.

PS: You forgot a case. :tongue:
So that he can choose his own case since that's more personal preference anyways.

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
693de241507e2affbb2af63aa454f2b6.png

3e276eddc75f864a64796752a25929d1.png

You could probably go with 2011-V3 if you really wanted to, but this would be fine. 16GB RAM, 4790k, great kb+mouse. Blue colour scheme, with a nice SSD and SLI 970's. SLI 970's out perform a single 980 but you can swap the 2x 970's for one 980 if you'd prefer. Plus, a custom loop. I added clear tubing but you cn change it to blue tubing if you'd prefer so it matches the rest of the build

Top Bottom
Login
Register