Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Scaling the Mountain Mythical Veteran MotM
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
The easiest but yet most expensive method depending on your area, is Cubic Ninja. If you've looked into the scene even slightly I'm sure you've heard about this game a few times. That is for one reason. This specific Ubisoft game has opened a lot of opportunities for us. However it comes at the cost of being able to find the game, which can sometimes jump to $80

ninjhax3.png

Thank you Noobert for this portion of the tutorial
Requirements:

• A 3DS, 3DS XL or 2DS console with a firmware version between 9.0.0-X and 9.9.0-X. X can be any digit.
    • An SD card compatible with your 3DS (the one it comes with will of course do).
    • A copy of the game CUBIC NINJA, either from retail or eShop.
      (retail is available in US, EU and JPN; eshop was JPN-only)

• Head over to your Device, and go to System Settings.
    • You'll see on the Bottom Right of the Top Screen "Ver. X.X.X-XXY"
      In my case, I was on 9.7.0-25U.

IMG_1052_zpssrfrivem.jpg~original
    • After you have your Version, head over to the Ninjhax Website.
      Scroll down a little bit, and you'll see:

1b270ff4a7fbe8a311bb45c88cdb370b.png
    • Go ahead, and choose from the drop downs, the correct version you're going to be Hacking.
    • Hit Update QR code, and you'll be presented with a QR Code, right under the Version.

Now that we have that all ready, you can Download the Starter Pack Here:

Download | Virus Scan

When that is Downloaded, extract the .zip, and you'll see: 3ds, game_config.txt, and boot.3dsx.

Move all three of those, to the ROOT of your SD Card in your Device.

Once you have that done, we can get going!
      IMG_1053_zps5jjmypmt.jpg~original
    • On the next screen, select Scan QR Code.
    • Your camera will now turn on, and you can aim it toward the QR Code on your computer.
      Once it is in frame, your Device will turn to a Black Screen.
    • And it'll bring up a Message asking to Install it to the Save Game, hit A for Yes.
    • Then it will say press A to Run the exploit. So of course, hit A...

Congratulations, you Officially have the Homebrew Channel! :biggrin:
IMG_1054_zpsyf5wigam.jpg~original

In case you still have a previous version of Ironfall installed(post patch) you maybe wondering how you can use this game instead of the expensive counterpart that is cubic ninja...well unfortunately you can't use this as a full workaround for that since you need another exploit to install this one. However after the initial install. You can use Ironhax all by itself!

In order to use Ironhax you will need to grab yourself a copy of it's installer found here and install it to the 3ds folder of your SD card so that you can load it with your exploit of choice!

Once it is installed to your SD card, load up your homebrew menu, and select ironhax installer from your bottom screen and follow the onscreen prompts!

Once the prompts are done, simply restart your system and load up your newly created ironfall save, and the homebrew menu should load right up!

As many of you are already aware, at this point in time it's impossible to load homebrew unless you have a linux system + a new 3ds, or a copy of Cubic Ninja, Or IronHax(post eshop removal) Well now thanks to Smealum and Yellows8 OoTHax is now officially supported with his Homebrew Menu!

Now in order to install the exploit you will need to do one of 3 things. You will need to either use the installer here alongside another entrypoint(like cubic ninja) or a powersaves 3ds to write the modified save to your gamecard which you can find [Click here to view this link]

This tutorial is going to assume that you already have a form of hax installed and know the basics of installing apps​
  1. You're going to need to download smealums updated starter kit here and install the OoThax to your sd cards 3ds folder
  2. Once the app is on your SD card, eject it from your PC, load up your hax of choice on your system and inset OoT in your game card slot, if you don't own it digitally.
  3. Once the game card is inserted load up the OoThax installer and follow the onscreen prompts to install it to your save of choice
  4. Once the prompts finish restart your system, load up OoT and select the save slot you chose in the previous step
  5. ???
    Profit

1. Download the installer from the github [Click here to view this link]
  2. Put the Installer files on your SD/MicroSD in the /3ds folder
  3. Then from there is take the powersave images and place them in your Powersaves Local Save folder
  4. C:\Users\NAMEHERE\Powersaves3DS
  5. I made a quick backup of my LoZ OoT game and basically just renamed the Hax*Save file to the same as my backup aside from the (N3DS_x.xU_hax25) at the end (because that is the name of the backup that the powersave application reads) then proceeded to restore the hax backup to my Game Card and from there just ran the exploit like you would after installing it directly from the installer
  6. Open the Game
  7. Load the First Save file
  8. After the file loaded, Press A and let the exploit do its thing

Requirements
  • Any Linux distribution should do. Windows and OS X users should wait or find a method for now, sorry!
    • Please do not use Linux in a virtual machine, it likely won't give direct access to your wireless card. Dual boot or use a live USB/disk.
  • A Wi-Fi-capable wireless card.
  • Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Full or Demo.
  • New 3DS. This does not work on Old 3DS.
  • Patience. The hax is sort-of unreliable so your game will most likely crash a few times.
  • Recommended: Another device to access the internet (phone, tablet, computer, console)
You will need to install the follow packages with your package manager
Code:
openssl libssl-dev libnl-genl-3-200 libnl-genl-3-dev libnl-3-200 libnl-3-dev pkg-config

Once the package is installed please find your wireless card's interface by opening your terminal and typing "ip link" it should be something like wlan0 or wlp3s0

Like the previous tutorials you will need to get ahold of the homebrew starter kit, however alongside those you will need to download the pcap files from Yellows8's release section [Click here to view this link] you should be able to determine the one you need easily by their names.

Download the "otherapp payload" from smealums site here and name it smashpayload.bin and place it on the root of your SD card

Once that is done download aircrack-ng's source [Click here to view this link]and extract it, and save airplay-ng.patch from the smashbroshax repository folder into the aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2 folder

Open your terminal and go to the "aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2" folder
use the command "patch src/aireplay-ng.c < aireplay-ng.patch" if your output looks similar to the output below that means it worked

Code:
patching file src/aireplay-ng.c
Hunk#1 succeeded at 560 (offset 1 line).
Hunk#2 succeeded at 573 (offset 1 line).

Run "make" and wait. The program should start to compile with the patch you installed. If you get the following line it worked.

Code:
make[1]:Leaving directory '/path/to/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc2/src'

1. Run these 3 terminal commands in order, using the wireless interface (from "ip link") you found earlier.
    sudo ifconfig wireless_interface down
    sudo iwconfig wireless_interface mode monitor
    sudo ifconfig wireless_interface up
    sudo iwconfig wireless_interface channel 6
  2. Enter the "src" folder in your terminal.
  3. Run the following command to start broadcasting the packet: "sudo ./aireplay-ng --interactive -r /path/to/smashbros_version_beaconhax.pcap -h 59:ee:3f:2a:37:e0 -x 10 wireless_interface"
    Use the .pcap file and wireless interface you found out earlier.
  4. On the 3DS system, start the game, then choose Smash and Group. Sit back and wait.

You can use this as a Tubehax replacement or to install another hack. How to install:
1) Turn off your wifi.
2) Scan this QR code by pressing "L+R" and selecting the checkerboard icon.

3dsbrowserhax_auto_qrcode.png

3) Select "OK" to launch the web browser.
4) Once the web browser is loaded, quit and enable wifi.
5) You're done! Browserhax is now installed! To launch, just click on the web browser icon.

For this method you will need a way to launch homebrew. I recommend using this alongside browserhax for a quick and easy installation

1. Download the latest release [Click here to view this link] and install the themehax folder into your 3ds folder
  2. Launch the homebrew browser and select the themehax installer
  3. Follow the onscreen prompts to install it and then restart your system while holding the "L" button
  4. ???
  5. Profit

Last edited:
Owl

Owl

Inhale, Exhale, Repeat.
Mythical Veteran MotM Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Great thread man, hopefully they come up with some easier ways to launch the homebrew menu. As for me I've just went ahead and ordered Cubic Ninja off Amazon. Anyone who is going to be contstantly accessing the homebrew launcher, I highly recommend getting a copy of Cubic Ninja or IronFall

Also Deidara I thought Ninjhax worked on 10.0 firmware versions?

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Great thread man, hopefully they come up with some easier ways to launch the homebrew menu. As for me I've just went ahead and ordered Cubic Ninja off Amazon. Anyone who is going to be contstantly accessing the homebrew launcher, I highly recommend getting a copy of Cubic Ninja or IronFall

Also Deidara I thought Ninjhax worked on 10.0 firmware versions?
It does as long as you have a copy of cubic ninja

Also there is something you can use along side this called theme hax that will allow you to essentially dual boot your system

Owl

Owl

Inhale, Exhale, Repeat.
Reaction score
Sin$
It does as long as you have a copy of cubic ninja

Also there is something you can use along side this called theme hax that will allow you to essentially dual boot your system

I thought they patched themehax with the recent update. Or do I have to re-do it somehow with cubic ninja?

Owl

Owl

Inhale, Exhale, Repeat.
Reaction score
Sin$
The payload has been updated

Now do I still need Cubic Ninja even with the updated payload or if I already had it working previously do I just throw the payload in and it should work?

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Now do I still need Cubic Ninja even with the updated payload or if I already had it working previously do I just throw the payload in and it should work?
You still need cubic ninja to reinstall and configure the new payload

PuertoRicanModder

PuertoRicanModder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
So i updated to the latest firmware (as always without thinking) & usually used ninjhax to get to the HBL.
Can i still use the same method on the current firmware? I was told you can but it's not working since the site
doesn't let you pick the latest firmware for the QR code section.

I'm sure i'm doing something wrong.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
So i updated to the latest firmware (as always without thinking) & usually used ninjhax to get to the HBL.
Can i still use the same method on the current firmware? I was told you can but it's not working since the site
doesn't let you pick the latest firmware for the QR code section.

I'm sure i'm doing something wrong.
Theres no support for 11.2 yet

Rav3r

Rav3r

Getting There
10th Anniversary Donator Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks! i got another question for ya :tongue: Can i use Cubic Ninja on my sky3ds for installing the homebrew?

theloveofacrow

theloveofacrow

Reaction score
Sin$
Currently is there a way to get Homebrew Channel? I'm on a New 3ds with the latest firmware unfortunately.

Red

Red

VIP
Retired
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Currently is there a way to get Homebrew Channel? I'm on a New 3ds with the latest firmware unfortunately.
You can install the homebrew channel on your home menu after you have full CFW if you want

Top Bottom
Login
Register