• Start date
  • Views 556
I Doughboy

I Doughboy

Premium
Premium
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok, this was my bros xbox and it wont read discs anymore. This happened before and he sent it in and got it fixed. This time he just went out and bought a new xbox and gave the non-disc reading one to me. In his retartedness he opened the xbox thus voiding the warrenty on the 360. Can I still send it in for repair from microsoft? If I can how much would it cost. If not, how can I fix this? Could I mearely buy a new 360 disk drive and install it myself? Is there any way I could open it up and fix it? Any help would be nice. Thanks.

Anyone got an answer for this one?

waffle11

waffle11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Well if it is less than 1 year old you can still send it in if you buy a new xbox 360 warranty sticker (check ebay a sticker should run about $15 last time I checked.). If not it will probably cost you in the ballpark of 95$ to send it in and get fixed.

I do believe there is a process in which you can swap disc drives however, I am not too familiar with how it works or more importantly how to do it though. I am sure someone on here knows.

C

C00LAR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Its called spoofing. I wouldent recommend it to someone who hasnt already got experience in flashing xboxs though. it envolves you taking the drive key from your current drive and entering it into the other drive that has to be the same model.
there are programs that make it easier and ebooks that could tell you where to start. if i were you i would google it and see if you are up to it. we all start somewhere!

Top Bottom
Login
Register