• Thread starter PrfctionIsFlawd
  • Start date
  • Views 394
PrfctionIsFlawd

PrfctionIsFlawd

Getting There
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, it's kinda late for this now since I already sent my xbox in, but I was wondering if there was a quick fix for an xbox that doesn't read any types of discs (DVD's, CD's, games, etc.) without voiding the warranty. I sent my xbox in November cause it had E-74 red ring error. Microsoft sent me an xbox back, but the problem with this one is that it didn't read any discs. They sent me a broken one. :frown: So I sent it in 3 days ago... So as I said before, it's kind of late for this, but I am still curious. Thanks :biggrin:

M

Machine15825

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
try the pot adjustment procedure. it's simple all you need is a multimeter. (ohmmeter).
You can buy a new laser head on ebay for 10 to 15 bucks. pull the top cover of the drive off, (voids warranty) boot up the system and see if laser lights (don't look directly into it duh) You'll be able to see it light if its not dead. If it doesn't light then buy a laser head if it lights adjust pot to 3.38K Ohm and it'll work wonders. You can also lube the motor while your at it. Get banana oil or some other RC car oil for the small electric motor. It'll quiet it down and sometimes is the problem.

Top Bottom
Login
Register