What's new

Solved 360 motherboard for jtag

• Thread starter foxtrot82
  • Start date
  • Views 650
F

foxtrot82

Reaction score
Im looking to pick up an xbox 360 on ebay to jtag and i was curious about buying a motherboard that works and has the right kernel but doesnt include anything else with it. That means no dvd drive..which i have spare parts to assemble and put everything together but is it possible to recover a key from the motherboard if i wanted to get a drive. Also if thats not possible can i still jtag it and just play stuff from a hard drive and just never add a disk drive?

Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

Seasoned Member
Modder Fabled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
To JTAG it you need to run Xell
Xell will give you the DVD key, so all you have to do is flash it to a drive.

F

foxtrot82

Reaction score
ok well i have tried to do some research and it can be tough because alot of the stuff you read is 2 years old. What i was reading was saying its not possible to recover the key code for a drive from the motherboard. Like say buying a motherboard where there is no dvd drive or for someone who say erased there stuff from their drive before they dumped it.

so what your saying is that with xell i can get everything i need from the motherboard to install and use a different dvd drive no problems?

A

agt dale cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motherboard alone purchase is ONLY useful IF the board is 'natural' JTAG-able....meaning you're not soldering one one of these new small PCBs that are running the 'timing' attack.
1) Obtain motherboard that is 'natural' JTAG-capable, meaning dashboard last flashed was 7371 or less
2) Solder wiring (see diagrams for locations and parts), assemble into case.
3) Dump NAND, alter contents, flash Xell or XBR
4) Insert DVD drive of choice, it won't matter initially, but SOMETHING has to be there. Not sure if Xell or similar has been altered to allow for 'No DVD'
5) Hit 'eject' on drive, note CPU and DVD keys
6) Once you have the CPU key, you can open the NAND with 360_Flash_Tool_v0.XX (I generally use 0.95)
7) Once NAND is open, you'll note make, model (OSIG) and key of DVD drive. Find proper DVD drive (newer dashboards do NOT allow spoofing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), flash key to it, proceed to get up to no good.
8) Read 7) again regarding spoofing....do NOT alter NAND with different DVD drive data. I've never gotten this to work right....bleh.

F

foxtrot82

Reaction score
so i have a BenQ drive out of a non working xbox 360. Could i just permanently use that drive? Your number 7 step has me a bit confused where you're saying find proper dvd drive (newer dashboards do not allow spoofing). What does the dashboard have to do with the dvd drive?

A

agt dale cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NAND has the DVD make (LiteOn, BenQ, etc.), model (74850C, 64930, etc.) and access key (32 digits) written into it. ("NAND" can be equated with "dashboard", really)...
If your NAND happens to read as having a BenQ the same MODEL as yours (there are two!), then you're set.
Otherwise, you HAVE to find whatever the NAND says is supposed to be there and stick it in there (flashing the machine-specific key as you go).
[YES, you CAN change this data and SAVE the NAND. BUT, good luck getting this to work with a newer dash....it's stored somewhere onboard that flashing the NAND does NOT overwrite....bleh.]

Top Bottom
Login
Register