What's new
  • Howdy, Guest!

We have issued a forced password reset on all user accounts, meaning you will not be able to login until this process is complete. Instructions will be displayed when you login with your previous credentials, however if for any reason you do not have access to your associated email address, you will need to contact us at [email protected].

For more information, please read this Important Announcement

Thank you for being awesome!

Question 360 modding: how to get started?

• Thread starter ParzivalWolfram
  • Start date
  • Views 331
P

ParzivalWolfram

Reaction score
Sin$
All the guides I can find for modding Xbox 360s on this site refer to dashboard versions and modchips that are fairly old. I've got what seems to be a Zephyr model 360 (external PSU brick providing [email protected], HDMI port, don't remember date of purchase) with dash 17526. What options do I have for modding this console? I'd prefer a dual-NAND if possible, or if not, anything that would generally work for possibly swapping out hardware if need be. (The HDD and DVD drive are beginning to have issues, and i'm afraid they may not be long for this world.)

teb

teb

Project & Sales Manager
Administrator
Odysseus' Summit Scaling the Mountain Stickied
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Hopefully this will help you a little. Let me know if it doesn't and I could PM you and try to walk you through it or I might make a guide to this later on in the day and tag you in it.

P

ParzivalWolfram

Reaction score
Sin$
Hopefully this will help you a little. Let me know if it doesn't and I could PM you and try to walk you through it or I might make a guide to this later on in the day and tag you in it.
Did you mean to post a file or link? All I see is your signature which, while informative and useful after hacking, only has information on what to do AFTER getting the mod done, not what mods I could/should use or anything.

Last edited:
P

ParzivalWolfram

Reaction score
Sin$
This, sorry. I meant to add the link.
I've looked at that board, but the issue is that all the guides are out of date, and almost all of them say that the dash version you have is important. For example, this one (which I've seen referenced time and time again elsewhere, so it seems to be the end-all on the topic) says that the latest dash is 16747, which I'm well over, and this one says to just buy a pre-modded console somewhere, which I'm not really willing to do if I can just mod the one I have (and only covers RGH? I'm more familiar with PS3/PS2 modding than Xbox modding, so i don't know if the method matters any or whether one provides less access in any way or anything similar.) If the dash version matters, as stated, but the latest dash referenced is well below mine, how do I know these will work for my console? Hardmods tend to be a one-and-done thing, meaning I doubt i'd get a second chance if one goes pear-shaped...

teb

teb

Project & Sales Manager
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
I've looked at that board, but the issue is that all the guides are out of date, and almost all of them say that the dash version you have is important. For example, this one (which I've seen referenced time and time again elsewhere, so it seems to be the end-all on the topic) says that the latest dash is 16747, which I'm well over, and this one says to just buy a pre-modded console somewhere, which I'm not really willing to do if I can just mod the one I have (and only covers RGH? I'm more familiar with PS3/PS2 modding than Xbox modding, so i don't know if the method matters any or whether one provides less access in any way or anything similar.) If the dash version matters, as stated, but the latest dash referenced is well below mine, how do I know these will work for my console? Hardmods tend to be a one-and-done thing, meaning I doubt i'd get a second chance if one goes pear-shaped...

teb

teb

Project & Sales Manager
Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
Sin$
Theres really no difference, I just know RGH2 is simple and cheap and works all the same.

Top Bottom
Login
Register