360 controller light mod help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by I Doughboy, Dec 5, 2008 with 5 replies and 749 views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Doughboy

I Doughboy Premium Premium

Ratings:
    I am going to be changing up the lights on my controller soon and I just wanted to make sure that I have all the parts necessary to be able to do this mod. I am following the tutorial on [Click here to view the link]
    I will post the things I have and if i am missing supplies or have the wrong thing please correct me. Thanks.

First of all, I am changing my ring lights to red. I am putting 4 blue LEDs in the guide button to light that. I am useing a orange (no red leds), blue, yellow, and green LED for the AXBY buttons. And i'm not entirely sure what to use for the select and start buttons. Sugestions for that are welcome.
    Supplies:

1. [Click here to view the link]
    2. [Click here to view the link] x2
    3. [Click here to view the link]
    4. [Click here to view the link] x5 (four for guide button one for X button)
    5. [Click here to view the link]
    6. [Click here to view the link]
    7. [Click here to view the link]
    8. [Click here to view the link]

2. .Perfection

.Perfection Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Just a tip, buy more SMD's than you will need.... your going to make a mistake :smile:

3. abysil

abysil Newbie

Ratings:
    Is your controller Wired? I have searched around and haven't found a way to do this on a wireless controller. If anyone knows how to use blue led's on a wireless controller, can you let me know?
    -Mike

4. .Perfection

.Perfection Enthusiast

Ratings:
  5. abysil

abysil Newbie

Ratings:
    The 0603's will be easy.. I've replaced them on my RF Board's Ring of light. I was more concerned about him lighting the dome and abxy buttons. He's using blue, which needs 3.6V, and wireless controllers take 2 AA batteries which output at most 3.3. This is why i was asking, and my question is still valid.

I knew about the SMD's not mattering in terms of colour though. They are fine to do, and I am planning on doing a blue rol for my controller as soon as my T8H shows up.
    -Mike

6. .Perfection

.Perfection Enthusiast

Ratings:

im sorry, i didnt gather from your question that you wanted to light the buttons too, im not sure if you can do it on a wireless controller, but im sure you could find a way on here, or by searching google.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.