Solved 360 caught aflame

• Thread starter ExiledRanger
  • Start date
  • Views 369
ExiledRanger

ExiledRanger

Reaction score
Sin$
I did one thing that you should never do mod something while distracted, long story short i was flashing my 360 while my fiancee and i were watching a random movie she wanted to watch. She was helping the best she could(wanted to learn) i had her plug in the power wire for the ck3 pro in, as soon as i powered on little part on dvd drive burnt out see pic below. so is there an easy fix? or do i have to buy a replacement drive try and get the dvd key? The 360 is now RRODing.
ad.jpg

2iq5crpd.jpg

flybikesbmx

flybikesbmx

Dude, Super Mario Bros is way better than xbox..
Reaction score
Sin$
Is the secondary error code 0032? And I'm going to guess the dvd power was plugged in upside down

Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
Sin$
i dont at the moment have the key is there a tut on rgh
so should i try and dump the dvd key, or no cuz thats what started the fire
If your console is on the latest dash then you can't RGH it. It also depends on the motherboard version if it's on 14719 as to whether it's RGHable.

It sounds like you plugged the dvd power cable in upside down, which would cause the damage you see now. If you want to try and get the key again it should be safe as long as you cover all the wires with tape, make sure nothing's touching etc and make sure you put the dvd power in the right way! haha

Also, if your drive's PCB is fried then your entire console is ****ed. Without your dvd key you can't replace the drive. If it's not on a low enough kernel, you can't RGH it to get the dvd key. Ergo console is fubar.

Top Bottom
Login
Register