What's new

Solved 360 always loud?

Cymbal

Cymbal

Best of You
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright, so I have a 120gb HDD and usually install the games I play frequently on it. However, my xbox is ALWAYS loud, regardless if the game is installed on the HDD or not. Is there a reason for this and if possible, a way to fix it?

Thanks.

SirEdwardCool

SirEdwardCool

The sexy beast
Hardened Veteran EotM
Reaction score
Sin$
i bought an external fan for my xbox, and you need one because the "Internal fan" is turning SOOOOO fast by the sounds of it, dont play for too long or you may see the dreaded ring of death! *evil music in background* ROFL xD

dahockeymasta12

dahockeymasta12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Its probably a Xenon, mine is very loud too, and has never been opened up. You can do the 12volt fan mod, or install another 12volt fan (I recommend jmd almighty's tut, found here.)

Cymbal

Cymbal

Best of You
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Touche. That would make sense :tongue:
OP: If you don't have the 12v fan mod. Sounds like your 360's thermal silver is not getting as good of a connection. I recommend re-applying and see how that works.

Thanks for the suggestion.
smile.gif

Your xbox might be on its way to the all so common (Unfortunately) RRoD :frown:

My xbox has gotten the RRoD like 3 times so far (I've had to send it in to MS)

Its probably a Xenon, mine is very loud too, and has never been opened up. You can do the 12volt fan mod, or install another 12volt fan (I recommend jmd almighty's tut, found here.)

Thanks. I'll look into it.

@Everyone else; Thanks.
smile.gif

K

Kazaskater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you keep in it a small area where it could get overheated? If so, try moving it to an open area and see if that makes a difference.

The Truth

The Truth

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
First off, you always want to have your Xbox in a very well ventilated area.

Another thing you want to do is make sure that the Xbox is on a flat surface where dust cannot collect and build up inside of the console. In order for you to notice a difference in the amount of noise produced by your console, I suggest that you by a talismoon whisper fan.

Cymbal

Cymbal

Best of You
Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
Do you keep in it a small area where it could get overheated? If so, try moving it to an open area and see if that makes a difference.

Kind of. It's next to my TV in my room on my dresser.

First off, you always want to have your Xbox in a very well ventilated area.

Another thing you want to do is make sure that the Xbox is on a flat surface where dust cannot collect and build up inside of the console. In order for you to notice a difference in the amount of noise produced by your console, I suggest that you by a talismoon whisper fan.

Thanks for the tip. Where would one get this "talismoon whisper fan"?

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Sin$
Kind of. It's next to my TV in my room on my dresser.

Thanks for the tip. Where would one get this "talismoon whisper fan"?

eBay is the cheapest place for the fans. Just search: Talismoon Whisper. I recommend the legacys, although the maxs work as well.

Top Bottom
Login
Register