• Thread starter x J89 x
  • Start date
  • Views 622
x J89 x

x J89 x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
i wonder if 343i will have their own Nameplate that says 343i instead of Bungie and i think that it would be cool if they did their own green flaming head

x J89 x

x J89 x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
hmmm i guess no one else thinks that would be cool or a good idea lol

Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

Seasoned Member
Modder Fabled Veteran Grammar Nazi
Reaction score
Sin$
Its more that it would be too much hassle for just a little graphic.

x J89 x

x J89 x

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
meh i think it would be cool... since 343 took over it could happen... 343 nameplate and green flaming head too sick

TehTacoGuy

TehTacoGuy

The taco who is also a guy
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
They CANNOT do the green flaming helmet as it was not originally in the game. To put this in it would require a HUGE title update, to update EVERY map in the game, and all forged maps before the TU would not work anymore.

The nameplate however, is probably possible. Although, i'm not sure how the nameplates work exactly.

W

Wmaty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They CANNOT do the green flaming helmet as it was not originally in the game. To put this in it would require a HUGE title update, to update EVERY map in the game, and all forged maps before the TU would not work anymore.

The nameplate however, is probably possible. Although, i'm not sure how the nameplates work exactly.

Source please?

TehTacoGuy

TehTacoGuy

Reaction score
Sin$
Source please?

Lemme explain this. Each object in the armoury is also in each map. E.g. if MK.V helmet wasn't in Countdown, but it was in Powerhouse, then it wouldn't work on Countdown. That is the same for EVERY object. So if they were to release any new armour pieces for the game, they would have to patch EVERY map in the game so that they support the armour, otherwise it just plain wouldn't work. Basically, it isn't possible without a HUGE TU.

btw, i searched this up on google a while ago. All the sites i went on said stuff like this.

ManBearPig06

ManBearPig06

The Shiroyasha
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Lemme explain this. Each object in the armoury is also in each map. E.g. if MK.V helmet wasn't in Countdown, but it was in Powerhouse, then it wouldn't work on Countdown. That is the same for EVERY object. So if they were to release any new armour pieces for the game, they would have to patch EVERY map in the game so that they support the armour, otherwise it just plain wouldn't work. Basically, it isn't possible without a HUGE TU.

btw, i searched this up on google a while ago. All the sites i went on said stuff like this.
And you're pretty much correct. I think they could theoretically make a workaround by patching the xex to try to read certain tags from an external location, but I'm sure it wouldn't be easy, or worth it to try to figure out, if even actually possible.

Same reason the halo CE pistol (autofire if you hold it down, etc) is only going to be on the Anniversary maps, they couldn't change the function of it like that on existing maps.

TehTacoGuy

TehTacoGuy

Reaction score
Sin$
And you're pretty much correct. I think they could theoretically make a workaround by patching the xex to try to read certain tags from an external location, but I'm sure it wouldn't be easy, or worth it to try to figure out, if even actually possible.

Same reason the halo CE pistol (autofire if you hold it down, etc) is only going to be on the Anniversary maps, they couldn't change the function of it like that on existing maps.

Yeah. It certainly would be possible, it just wouldn't be worth attempting to do, as it would be just plain too complicated. The easiest way for them to do those things, is to just have new weapons on only the new maps that are released. E.g. The Anniversary maps with the HCE pistol instead of Reach pistol.

Top Bottom
Login
Register