Discussion 343i Ban wave

• Thread starter supers0ak
  • Start date
  • Views 3,132
supers0ak

supers0ak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On 10/24/11 343i banned people who were AFK'ing too hard in general, both matchmaking and firefight included. The punishment given to these individuals was a perma-MM ban (both console and account). If you followed my boosting guide you should have been safe and not received a ban. And no, I myself am not banned.

Note: The ban wave also caught those people who modded their Reach GPD's for whatever reason, may that be ultra white armor, etc. they also received permanent matchmaking bans on their accounts/consoles.

Feel fee to continue to follow my guide to boost/semi-AFK firefight to your heart's content :smile:

NS NEWCOMER

NS NEWCOMER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not banned.. yet I guess.

It seems like some single xbox boosters got banned, and people who AFKed must have been doing it wrong.

K

Kain3Freitas117

Banned
Reaction score
I was banned and everytime i booosted something i did it following your steps so idk. I thought it was for my GPD modding.

K

Kain3Freitas117

Banned
Reaction score
oh and alos supers0ak i was the first on b.net to post about this and now its happened to alot of people.

ForceOperationX

ForceOperationX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't say I didn't see this coming... :/
Good thing I never got into AFK'ing or boosting matches. I always found it easier just to play my FF matches through.

supers0ak

supers0ak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't say I didn't see this coming... :/
Good thing I never got into AFK'ing or boosting matches. I always found it easier just to play my FF matches through.
Well I'm sure it matters how they do it, because I do both of those but I didn't get a ban.

ForceOperationX

ForceOperationX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm sure it matters how they do it, because I do both of those but I didn't get a ban.
Well like you said, as long as they follow your guide they should be fine. But plenty of people just AFK a whole game in FF and get 0 kills which makes it obvious and will likely land them a ban.

K

Kain3Freitas117

Banned
Reaction score
Well like you said, as long as they follow your guide they should be fine. But plenty of people just AFK a whole game in FF and get 0 kills which makes it obvious and will likely land them a ban.
Nope i always got a couple of kill when I did AFK a couple of games os theere is something else behind this ebcause I followed his guide.

ForceOperationX

ForceOperationX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You just said you modded your GPD. There you go.
Indeed, people were getting banned for that. Honestly it seems 343i will be 'cracking down' on these situations on a much stricter scale than Bungie did.

RadioactiveSkin

RadioactiveSkin

Contributor
Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran Experienced Veteran
Reaction score
Well, I just got done playing, no bans.

I never AFK'd a match though.

If they do ban people who Grifball or Invasion boost, then they can say goodbye to over half the population.

I'm hard pressed to find someone who hasn't done it a few times.

iLegend

iLegend

Asian Hunny Enthusiast
Retired
Experienced Veteran MotM Hardened Veteran
Reaction score
Well, it's a good thing that I did not preform any form of boosting for Halo: Reach. :cool:

Halo 4

Halo 4

Lovin' that H4?
Reaction score
I Hope I'm not Banned, I didn't play today..
The only bad thing I did was use Liberty and that's about it so I think I should be fine. (:

duzion

duzion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 35% sure I'm banned, I boosted 5 lobbies in a row but I did get 20 kills with my guest.

Showtime Jesse

Showtime Jesse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hummm... So far I have 2 people thats on my friend list that was ban..... one AFK when I told him to stop moons ago.... the other one do alot of invasion boosting... And reading on bnet...... it seems as some got 2 week bans and some was perm ban for both....

supers0ak

supers0ak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates guys! Please continue to post as we unravel the parameters of the latest ban!

Snake

Snake

Content Team
Video Connoisseur CotM TotM
Reaction score
Haven't been banned since January, and that was when I was permabanned from xbl. I highly doubt there is going to be a ban wave. As long as you don't boost 24/7 you should be good.

TheBestKilleR

TheBestKilleR

ChiKKen Swoup
Mythical Veteran CotM Legendary Veteran
Reaction score
hopefully i didn't get banned..gonna check and update this post
Not banned yet :biggrin:

Top Bottom
Login
Register