• Views 376
Status
Not open for further replies.
AlienFreek01

AlienFreek01

Now with fries
Reaction score
Sin$
Alright guys it's me again with a stupid question but pretty simple imo... I recently got a new pc, and something was wrong with windows and it wouldn't boot (at all even safe mode) so I put Windows 7 on it again, and it's working fine now, but when I was installing it I didn't know if it was 32 or 64 bit so I went the safe way and installed the 32 bit version... And than I thought if it
was 64 bit and I messed up theinstall... So is there a way to tell? It runs fine with 32bit, so would a 64 bit computer run 32bit os? Is the version of windows just what chooses if it is 32 bit or not?
Stupid question, but 5 hanks for any help.

AlienFreek01

AlienFreek01

Now with fries
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok so I found out from the first link I van handle 64bit, but I don't know if I should upgrade, I thought you could tell me if I should... I do plan on upgrading the amount of ram I have so maybe it would be a good idea... here is a pic of my specs
KVeklqS.png

lowpro

lowpro

Professional Abecedarian
Programmer Mythical Veteran Mr. Nice Guy
Reaction score
Sin$
AlienFreek01 AlienFreek01 if you plan on having more than 4gb RAM you have to upgrade to 64bit, although I'd update regardless, its just better.

ner0

ner0

Seasoned Member
Experienced Veteran Grizzled Veteran Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
Now it isn't necessary at all to put 64bit on that system but if you plan on upgrading passing 4GB+ you will need to

AlienFreek01

AlienFreek01

Now with fries
Reaction score
Sin$
Ok I will do it tomarrow.... thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom
Login
Register