What's new

Solved 3 light RROD help

• Thread starter asdfqwer426
  • Start date
  • Views 346
A

asdfqwer426

Reaction score
so I'll try my best to describe everything, cause i'm at a loss here for what to do.

my cousins xbox got the 3 light RROD of death, we checked the error code and it was 0110. error with the ram. we overheated it and it worked after that but i decided to do the x clamp fix for him anyway. after the fix it would not work so i went out and got a heat gun to reflow the board, which hasn't worked. it does seem like i occasionally get different error codes, all having to do with the CPU, GPU, or ram, but the most common by far is still the 0110 ram error.

i was wondering if someone had some advice or just any general knowledge or something that could have been missed by me? I have read different tutorials and watched lots of the videos on reflowing. one thing i thought of, but havent tried yet, is that maybe when i reflowed the board, the bottom ram chips maybe have lost a few connections, should i reflow with something underneath them specifically to help push them up for a better solder or am i way off base?

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

V

VinnyHaw

Se7enSinner
Reaction score
should have done this from the start:
http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/topic/41458-how-to-permanently-fix-the-3-red-lights-rrod-by-scar/

A

asdfqwer426

Reaction score
I did it shortly after, as i stated. I really did almost nothing to it other than figure out what the error code was and overheat it before i did the fix. I tried yet again to reflow the board, being even more thorough and careful, even slowly cooling the board. I also tried tossing pennies unter the gpu heatsink as i read someone on here did for the 0110 error. i'm still getting the same 0110 error.

Top Bottom