3.1.3 jailbreaking program for ipod touch

Discussion in 'iOS Support' started by polock11212, Feb 3, 2010 with 15 replies and 699 views.

1. polock11212

polock11212 Newbie

Ratings:
    Is there a jailbreaking program out for 3.1.3 on ipod touch yet if so can you please post a link?:biggrin::biggrin:

2. Mk18Zach

Mk18Zach Enthusiast

Ratings:
    There is redsn0w, but i and many others have had problems when it says "browse for CURRENT itouch/iphone firmware" because it tries to accept the firmware, but it won't.:thumbdown:.

redsn0w website: http://redsn0w.com/

3. Hostile.

Hostile. Enthusiast

Ratings:
    After much researching I've come to the conclusion that there isn't any jailbreaks so far for 3.1.3 sadly :frown:

4. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang

Ratings:
    It depends what ipod you have. If you have the 3rd gen no.

The other two the jailbreak process is exactly identical to 3.1.2 there for you can just plug your 3.1.3 device in and select a 3.1.2 Ipsw to trick the program into thinking thats what your jailbreaking it will accept it and pwn yoru device.

5. PhoLuM

PhoLuM Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Doesn't work though thats the prob

6. reaper603

reaper603 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    YOU CAN JAILBREAK A 3G! get blackra1n! it will work and it is WAY faster then redsn0w.

7. AmishTekSupport

AmishTekSupport Newbie

Ratings:
    They aren't going to make a jailbreak again until another important update. Someone who doesn't follow the people who make blackra1n and redsn0w might make one but you might never hear about it.

8. reaper603

reaper603 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i guess my post was COMPLETELY ignored?!

9. Mk18Zach

Mk18Zach Enthusiast

Ratings:
    There IS a fix that will let you jailbreak your iTouch/iPhone via redsn0w. I've done it and it works. It does thought freeze...sometimes, but that's only when it loads.(just be patient)...

heres the link to the tutorial.-> http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/ipo...g/209715-jailbreaking-after-3-1-3-update.html
    Thx to jerZee for making this tut.

Hope this helped...:thumbup:

BTw, if you freeze or the jailbreak download freezes during the setup/installation, just unplug your iTouch/iPhone from your computer, let it reboot, then plug it back in and go through the setup again. It froze for me and i just unplugged it and it worked.

• Like Like x 1
  10. reaper603

reaper603 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    OR instead of use the old outdated redsn0w you could use blackra1n!!!! it is faster, and more simple!!!!

11. ALLTHEWAYLIVEEE

ALLTHEWAYLIVEEE Enthusiast

Ratings:
    I just jailbroke a 2G iPod with 3.1.3. a couple days ago. I just downgraded to 3.1.2 and it worked that way.

12. Mk18Zach

Mk18Zach Enthusiast

Ratings:
    oh, well i'd rather have used blackra1n, but when i did, it wouldnt reconize my firmware :frown: so i just used redsn0w:thumbup:

Anyways, it worked for me:smile::smile::smile::smile::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::smile::smile::smile::smile:

13. reaper603

reaper603 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    if only blackra1n worked for everyone :frown:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Forgoten Dynasty

Forgoten Dynasty Free Sosa #bangbang

Ratings:
    reaper603 BLACKRA1N DOES NOT WORK ON 3.1.3.

ON any device you need to use redsn0w but it only works on devices vulnerable to pwnage 2.0 overflow and 0x24000 overflow

15. reaper603

reaper603 Enthusiast

Ratings:
    i know. i was mistaking. i though ipod 3g was jailbreakable but it was iphone. that is my mistake.

16. Mk18Zach

Mk18Zach Enthusiast

Ratings:
    Well anyway like you were saying reaper603, "if only blackra1n worked for everyone."