• Start date
  • Views 5,193
L

lxl Frenzy lxl

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Custom Firmware 3.03 OE Guide

This thread is designed to provide a both a guide for installing the 3.03 OE custom firmware, and a place to ask for help in the process. I've done what I can to make this guide as safe and as easy as possible, and I'm quite confident that if you follow this guide, the process of upgrading to 3.03 OE will be quite simple and completely harmless. However, I must remind you that there is always the slight chance that something can go wrong in the installation process, and you'll be left with a non-functioning PSP. I haven't heard any reports of this happening if you follow the directions exactly, but there is always the chance. Understand the risks associated with running this update, and know that if something goes wrong, you have nobody but yourself to blame.

All the files you'll need to install this update are included in this thread, as well as instructions on how to use them. All of the common questions I've received have been answered to the best of my ability in the appropriate section below. If you need any assistance installing this update, please don't hesitate to ask. Either I, or some of the other users here, will attempt to solve your problem.

3.03 OE is created and developed by Dark_AleX

How to install 3.03 OE-C on a 1.50 or 3.03 OE PSP
  1. Download and decompress 3.03 OE-C
  2. Copy the directories oeupdmaker and oeupdmaker% to /PSP/GAME/ if you are using 1.50, or to /PSP/GAME150 if you are using 3.0X OE
  3. Download the 1.50 Upgrade Eboot, name it "150.PBP", and put it in the oeupdmaker folder.
  4. Download the 3.03 Upgrade Eboot, name it "303.PBP", and put it in the oeupdmaker folder.
  5. On your PSP, run the 3.03 OE-C Update Maker program. This program will create a file called DATA.DXAR in the oeupdmaker folder
  6. Copy the directories 303oeflasher and 303oeflasher% to /PSP/GAME if you are using 1.50, or to /PSP/GAME150 if you are using 3.0X OE
  7. Move the generated DATA.DXAR from oeupdmaker to 303oeflasher directory
  8. On your PSP, run the 3.03 OE-C Firmware Install program. Your battery must be 75% full
  9. The program will display an agreement. Press X to accept and flash the custom firmware. Don't shutdown the PSP and don't remove the memory stick until the update is finished.
  10. Once finished, shutdown the psp and restart manually to 3.03 OE-C
3.03 OE-C LINK: http://homepage.mac.com/kevinmacleod/psp/303oe/303oec/303oec.zip
1.50 Upgrade Eboot LINK: File Details- -
3.03 Upgrade Eboot LINK: File Details- -
3.03 Upgrade if you have a 2.82 or less: File Details- - Name it EBOOT.PBP

capo

capo

Contributor
Legendary Veteran Forum Addict
Reaction score
Sin$
I have this and it is very good. I am sure other people would like this.
I would suggest upgrading to this everyone.

l Gob l

l Gob l

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Code the links dude to the download, it is hard to find in all of the type. ^_^

It may not be a rapidshare link, but it would be nice to know what to download and where to download it. ^_^

S

shamone013

Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks for the tut. Wot does this actually do? Can you play homebrews and ISO's using this? thanks in advance :lol:

capo

capo

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Yes this makes it so you can play homebrew, iso's (basically anything a version 1.5 can do ) with all the options of a 3.03 fw psp

S

shamone013

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok i have a slight problem. i have downloaded everything that is needed and i have followed the steps so far but when i choose the 3.03 OE-C Maker on my psp it comes up with the psp screen then says The game could not be started. (8002014c) Any ideas because i really want this on my psp :laughing:

L

lxl Frenzy lxl

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
when you drag the psp folder to your psp renaim the psp folder you actually have on your psp to MY PSP and drag the psp folder you downloaded in the same are you have the MY PSP folder it should look like this

psp
MY PSP
-GAME
-MUSIC
-VIDEO
and etc

S

shamone013

Reaction score
Sin$
Ok i have version 3.03 firmware and wen you say drag the folder what do you mean? Do you mean make a new folder on your PSP named MY PSP and then drag all exisiting folders into that new folder? could you explain step by step please thanks for the help already though :lol:

L

lxl Frenzy lxl

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
ok when you plug in your psp it says in the top right removable disk right
well in that you should see yor folder called PSP so rename that folder to MY PSP and drag the psp folder that you downloaded in the same section your MY PSP FOLDER is
I hope i made it Easier

S

shamone013

Reaction score
Sin$
thanks for that one last question when you say the PSP folder what do you mean i didn't download any folder just some files? thanks again :lol:

C

Carson

Retired
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Wait, pete, I currently have 3.03 Firmware. I can just replace it with this and I can run DLed PSP games?

H

h2o pete

VIP
VIP
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
No you have to downgrade to 1.50 first, then upgrade to this.

capo

capo

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Make sure you get the GTA with the 2.0 updater on it. Not the 2.60 updater.

Top Bottom
Login
Register