• Thread starter MrFifa
  • Start date
  • Views 14,953
Emptyy

Emptyy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Being an aussie i don't know much about who a reliable source is for transfers but i know the s*n, goal, givemefootball are **** as is anything local. Who is normally spot on?

For Liverpool news.. https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/ and https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho are extremely reliable https://twitter.com/jay_78_ is slightly less reliable but tweets stuff a lot earlier than the rest. 
There might be some truth in it after all because Arsenal are starting to get linked with a 45m move for him now

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/0...-as-wenger-prepares-to-re-shape-attack-final/

EDIT - Just found this http://liverpooloffside.sbnation.co.../7/14/5897643/liverpool-deny-interest-in-reus
they're both pretty ****** sources.. I also really really doubt they'd bring in Reus for £45m when they just brought in Sanchez.... they have too many attacking players now

Emptyy

Emptyy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm positive Southampton didn't let Lallana go for 16 million, bear in mind there was just one journalist who reported that,
This is what a lot of people don't seem to understand... not every deal is all upfront, a lot of deals have performance related fees in them. So for example the Lallana deal could be £16m upfront and then another £10m after he has played 50 games.. this way Southampton have to pay less money to Bournemouth.

As for Lallana I think he'll be one of the signings of the window, he looks like he'll fit right into the way Brendan Rodgers sets up his teams plus he's versatile and two footed, a bit of a rarity.

I get what you're saying about big name players, I'd love for us to sign one but Liverpool have never really signed any "marquee" players in the past 10-15 years really, it's not our style.

The way the window is going may play into Liverpool's hands, there will be less pressure on the club as a whole

MrFifa

MrFifa

Forum Addict Seasoned Veteran Grizzled Veteran
Reaction score
Sin$
This is what a lot of people don't seem to understand... not every deal is all upfront, a lot of deals have performance related fees in them. So for example the Lallana deal could be £16m upfront and then another £10m after he has played 50 games.. this way Southampton have to pay less money to Bournemouth.

As for Lallana I think he'll be one of the signings of the window, he looks like he'll fit right into the way Brendan Rodgers sets up his teams plus he's versatile and two footed, a bit of a rarity.

I get what you're saying about big name players, I'd love for us to sign one but Liverpool have never really signed any "marquee" players in the past 10-15 years really, it's not our style.

The way the window is going may play into Liverpool's hands, there will be less pressure on the club as a whole
Either way, you'll still be paying more than £16 million for him. Honestly, the way it's looking at the moment, Liverpool are going to be battling for top 4 instead of battling for the title.

Emptyy

Emptyy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Either way, you'll still be paying more than £16 million for him. Honestly, the way it's looking at the moment, Liverpool are going to be battling for top 4 instead of battling for the title.
Well it depends, if he's **** then those extra addons wont be triggered, but it depends on the addons.

We were always going to be battling for top 4 even with Suarez after Arsenal and Chelsea fixed their problems. I don't think United or City have fixed their issues yet but I expect them to before the window closes, they both need a goalscorer and a central defender. Even Spurs should be stronger next season surely, there's no way they can do any worse.

MrFifa

MrFifa

Reaction score
Sin$
Well it depends, if he's **** then those extra addons wont be triggered, but it depends on the addons.

We were always going to be battling for top 4 even with Suarez after Arsenal and Chelsea fixed their problems. I don't think United or City have fixed their issues yet but I expect them to before the window closes, they both need a goalscorer and a central defender. Even Spurs should be stronger next season surely, there's no way they can do any worse.
United and City need goalscorers?

Emptyy

Emptyy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
United and City need goalscorers?
United do because Van Persie has only played in 138/190 games in the last 5 seasons, he has only ever played more than 28 games in a Prem season 3 times in his whole career which is insane. Their backup for him is Hernandez/Welbeck right? and it looks like Hernandez wants out. Not bringing in another striker would be a very risky move since it's a given Van Persie gets injured at some point especially since he's 31 so his injury issues are only going to get worse.

City do because Aguero has spent a lot of the last 12~ seasons injured and they don't really have a good replacement for him.. Negredo had an average season, he looked decent but he didn't score as many goals as he should have. They should sell Dzeko and bring in someone in the same mold as Aguero.. I think that was their plan with Jovetic but sadly he got injured for all of the season. Last season they had to rely on Yaya Toure to score 20 goals for them to win the title.

MrFifa

MrFifa

Reaction score
Sin$
United do because Van Persie has only played in 138/190 games in the last 5 seasons, he has only ever played more than 28 games in a Prem season 3 times in his whole career which is insane. Their backup for him is Hernandez/Welbeck right? and it looks like Hernandez wants out. Not bringing in another striker would be a very risky move since it's a given Van Persie gets injured at some point especially since he's 31 so his injury issues are only going to get worse.

City do because Aguero has spent a lot of the last 12~ seasons injured and they don't really have a good replacement for him.. Negredo had an average season, he looked decent but he didn't score as many goals as he should have. They should sell Dzeko and bring in someone in the same mold as Aguero.. I think that was their plan with Jovetic but sadly he got injured for all of the season. Last season they had to rely on Yaya Toure to score 20 goals for them to win the title.
Rooney is a player capable of getting 20 league goals, it's up to the manager to utilise him properly. We've got more goalscorers in the team now than ever, with players like Rooney, RvP, Welbeck, Mata, Kagawa, Herrera and possibly even Vidal. Jovetic has looked great when he's played for City, I don't think they need to bring in another striker. If Dzeko/Negredo leaves, yeah, but for now they're alright, as are we. City need to improve their defence and we need to improve our midfield.

Emptyy

Emptyy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Rooney is a player capable of getting 20 league goals, it's up to the manager to utilise him properly. We've got more goalscorers in the team now than ever, with players like Rooney, RvP, Welbeck, Mata, Kagawa, Herrera and possibly even Vidal. Jovetic has looked great when he's played for City, I don't think they need to bring in another striker. If Dzeko/Negredo leaves, yeah, but for now they're alright, as are we. City need to improve their defence and we need to improve our midfield.
Yeah that's true but Rooney will be played with Van Persie, so if Van Persie gets injured they'll need to bring in Hernandez/Welbeck to play in the same position or put Rooney in Van Persie's position and bring in someone like Young/Janzuaj which would make the team have a much lower goal threat, that's why I think United will probably sign someone like Di Maria then there'd be no issues at all.

Well if Yaya Toure leaves which it looks like he might then City will definitely need to sign someone who can score 15+ goals every season as they had to rely on him to score 20 last season.. and especially if Aguero misses the majority of the season again..

MrFifa

MrFifa

Reaction score
Sin$
AC Milan only want 14m now apparently for Balotelli

http://metro.co.uk/2014/07/15/liver...o-balotelli-up-for-sale-for-just-14m-4798830/

Also with Reus not being including in the photo of the new kit release people believe it's because he's on his way out
Wouldn't really trust anything from the Metro. Milan would ask for a minimum of €30 million for Balotelli. 
Yeah that's true but Rooney will be played with Van Persie, so if Van Persie gets injured they'll need to bring in Hernandez/Welbeck to play in the same position or put Rooney in Van Persie's position and bring in someone like Young/Janzuaj which would make the team have a much lower goal threat, that's why I think United will probably sign someone like Di Maria then there'd be no issues at all.

Well if Yaya Toure leaves which it looks like he might then City will definitely need to sign someone who can score 15+ goals every season as they had to rely on him to score 20 last season.. and especially if Aguero misses the majority of the season again..
Well no one knows what system yet van Gaal will play yet and who'll play in behind RvP. It could be Mata or Rooney. Exciting times to say the least.

Chop

Chop

Somewhere
Experienced Veteran Grammar Nazi 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
Conte resigns as Juventus manager. Early reports suggest he was unhappy with both the lack of transfer activity and the sanctioning of both Vidal AND Pogba sales.

http://m.skysports.com/article/football//9383255

Meaning that the proposed deal with Real Madrid for Morata will be stalled because RM and the player want to understand Juventus' plans for the future.

M4YON

M4YON

Se7ensins Beast
Mythical Veteran Nevar gon' happen in your lifetime Platinum Record
Reaction score
Sin$
Meaning that the proposed deal with Real Madrid for Morata will be stalled because RM and the player want to understand Juventus' plans for the future.

Yes the same will go for the proposed moves of Evra and Itube.

Emptyy

Emptyy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
Toni Kroos to Real Madrid and maybe James Rodriguez too.... Isco to City perhaps :smile:

MrFifa

MrFifa

Reaction score
Sin$
Toni Kroos to Real Madrid and maybe James Rodriguez too.... Isco to City perhaps :smile:
I doubt Isco will go to City tbh. Di Maria is looking like he's off to PSG, meaning there's space for Rodriguez, Kroos will replace Alonso.

Emptyy

Emptyy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sin$
I doubt Isco will go to City tbh. Di Maria is looking like he's off to PSG, meaning there's space for Rodriguez, Kroos will replace Alonso.
I'll be surprised if Kroos replaces Alonso, he's the type of player who needs someone behind him providing defensive cover surely.. from what I've seen Kroos is average defensively.

If Yaya Toure leaves City they'll need someone like Isco but the whole fiasco will end up with Yaya on 400k a week or something stupid.

Top Bottom
Login
Register