What's new

Solved 120gb HD showing up as 16gb

C

CComplex

Reaction score
I purchased a 120gb harddrive from Gamestop to go along with my Arcade Xbox and the harddrive only showed up as 16gb, I took it to gamestop, they gave me a new one, same problem, I called Xbox, and they told me I needed a newer model Xbox. And today, about 7 months later, I buy a Slim, and same problem after formating and everything. Is there anything I can do? I looked everywhere, the only tools I have at my disposal are a Transfer Cable and a set of Torx screwdrivers.

Brother Jordan

Brother Jordan

מספר אחד
VIP
Retired
Sinner Hardened Veteran MotM
Reaction score
Err, you didn't need a new Xbox. Use hddhackr and partition it as a 360 drive. If you are using USB, you will only be able to use 16GB.

Twisted Impulse

Twisted Impulse

Reaction score
I purchased a 120gb harddrive from Gamestop to go along with my Arcade Xbox and the harddrive only showed up as 16gb, I took it to gamestop, they gave me a new one, same problem, I called Xbox, and they told me I needed a newer model Xbox. And today, about 7 months later, I buy a Slim, and same problem after formating and everything. Is there anything I can do? I looked everywhere, the only tools I have at my disposal are a Transfer Cable and a set of Torx screwdrivers.
If it's a USB drive then you can only use 16gb of it as xbox 360 storage no matter what. If it's a top mounted (internal) HDD then it should work, unless you've been sold a 20gb HDD as a 120gb HDD..