• Thread starter Serotonin
  • Start date
  • Views 2,714
Serotonin

Serotonin

Searbhonta ♫ Music <3 ♫
Reaction score
Sin$
So, you probably saw my other post, budget has changed. I tried to ask on there but i dont know if anyone saw it, or they just didnt want to help.

New budget is 1000 - 1100. (EURO)

I live in Ireland and the color scheme doesn't matter.

Cheers lads.

Last edited:
Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
Sin$
So, you probably saw my other post, budget has changed. I tried to ask on there but i dont know if anyone saw it, or they just didnt want to help.

New budget is 1000 - 1100.

I live in Ireland and the color scheme doesn't matter.

Cheers lads.
I don't remember seeing any other thread made by you and I get notified every time there's a new one made. Odd.

Will you be using your pc for gaming exclusively or will you also be using it for stuff like rendering or video editing?

Serotonin

Serotonin

Searbhonta ♫ Music <3 ♫
Reaction score
Sin$
I don't remember seeing any other thread made by you and I get notified every time there's a new one made. Odd.

Will you be using your pc for gaming exclusively or will you also be using it for stuff like rendering or video editing?

Only gaming. My old budget was 700. You helped me out. Anyway, doesnt matter.

Only gaming and web surfing :smile:

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Only gaming. My old budget was 700. You helped me out. Anyway, doesnt matter.

Only gaming and web surfing :smile:
I'm on my phone right now but once I'm hom, I'll make you 2 build. One for 700 and another for 1109

Serotonin

Serotonin

Searbhonta ♫ Music <3 ♫
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm on my phone right now but once I'm hom, I'll make you 2 build. One for 700 and another for 1109

Thanks man, dont need the 700 one. Just want a sick 1100 one. Thanks bud :smile:

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks man, dont need the 700 one. Just want a sick 1100 one. Thanks bud :smile:
Here's the 1100$ build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QfktJV

I don't know how much it would actually cost in Ireland but there's no Ireland PCPartPicker site. If it ends up costing too much, start off by getting 8gb instead of 16gb, then get a cheaper PSU (Something like a Corsair CX600 instead), then get a cheaper fan, like the Hyper 212 EVO.

Let me know what you think of the build!

Serotonin

Serotonin

Searbhonta ♫ Music <3 ♫
Reaction score
Sin$
Here's the 1100$ build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QfktJV

I don't know how much it would actually cost in Ireland but there's no Ireland PCPartPicker site. If it ends up costing too much, start off by getting 8gb instead of 16gb, then get a cheaper PSU (Something like a Corsair CX600 instead), then get a cheaper fan, like the Hyper 212 EVO.

Let me know what you think of the build!

You can do it on the UK one. I cant order from US, i think.

1100 Euro = 1225 (USD)
1100 Euro = 923 (British Pound)

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
You can do it on the UK one. I cant order from US, i think.

1100 Euro = 1225 (USD)
1100 Euro = 923 (British Pound)
Yeah, the build I made was made using the UK site. It cost 900 Pound, which is around 1080$ for you.

Serotonin

Serotonin

Searbhonta ♫ Music <3 ♫
Reaction score
Sin$
Yeah, the build I made was made using the UK site. It cost 900 Pound, which is around 1080$ for you.

Thanks man. I really have no Idea about builds so. Yolo lol

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Thanks man. I really have no Idea about builds so. Yolo lol
Well, if you have any questions, feel free to let me know! I'd be more than happy to help you!
Basically, here's why I chose the part I chose:
  • CPU: The i5s are always a great choice for gaming and the 6600k is currently the best i5 out there.
  • CPU cooler: The Noctua NH-D15 is the best air cooler out there. It's silent, cools really well and isn't THAT expensive. You shoud be able to overclock the CPU without any problem. I'd recommend overclocking it at around 4.2GHz to be safe. I didn't go with water cooler for you since you're not very experienced and air cooling is simply safer and easier to install.
  • Motherboard: The Asus Z170-A is simply a great motherboard with a lot of feature for the price and a great bios. ASUS is well known for their quality products!
  • RAM: Corsair ram is great! And it's pretty good looking too without being too tall.
  • SSD: The A-DATA SP550 is a great SSD for the price. You should not have any issue with space as long as you don't install games on the SSD. Simply install the OS and things that you run often (or software that open on startup).
  • HDD: While I don't really like seagate because of issues I've had with them in the past, their HDD are pretty good and are well priced. 2TB should be more than enough for you.
  • GPU: The RX480 just came out and it blows every other 200$ GPU out of the water! It's one hell of a card for the price and you should be able to run any games at ultra settings 1080p without any issue! The new blower fan is also pretty good and doesn't make much noise.
  • Case: The NZXT Phantom 410 is a great little case with many good features and looks pretty good in my opinion. Feel free to change case if you don't like the look of the case. Just hit me up before buying another case so I can make sure that it's a good case for you.
  • PSU: Antec make some pretty good PSU and this one is a great deal for the price. It's the cheapest Gold rated PSU made by a trustworthy manifacturer. 650w is also more than enough for your build. You'd even be able to add another RX480 in the future if you ever need more compute power without having to upgrade anything!
I hope this helped you understand why I chose every component I chose for your build!

Serotonin

Serotonin

Searbhonta ♫ Music <3 ♫
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, if you have any questions, feel free to let me know! I'd be more than happy to help you!
Basically, here's why I chose the part I chose:
  • CPU: The i5s are always a great choice for gaming and the 6600k is currently the best i5 out there.
  • CPU cooler: The Noctua NH-D15 is the best air cooler out there. It's silent, cools really well and isn't THAT expensive. You shoud be able to overclock the CPU without any problem. I'd recommend overclocking it at around 4.2GHz to be safe. I didn't go with water cooler for you since you're not very experienced and air cooling is simply safer and easier to install.
  • Motherboard: The Asus Z170-A is simply a great motherboard with a lot of feature for the price and a great bios. ASUS is well known for their quality products!
  • RAM: Corsair ram is great! And it's pretty good looking too without being too tall.
  • SSD: The A-DATA SP550 is a great SSD for the price. You should not have any issue with space as long as you don't install games on the SSD. Simply install the OS and things that you run often (or software that open on startup).
  • HDD: While I don't really like seagate because of issues I've had with them in the past, their HDD are pretty good and are well priced. 2TB should be more than enough for you.
  • GPU: The RX480 just came out and it blows every other 200$ GPU out of the water! It's one hell of a card for the price and you should be able to run any games at ultra settings 1080p without any issue! The new blower fan is also pretty good and doesn't make much noise.
  • Case: The NZXT Phantom 410 is a great little case with many good features and looks pretty good in my opinion. Feel free to change case if you don't like the look of the case. Just hit me up before buying another case so I can make sure that it's a good case for you.
  • PSU: Antec make some pretty good PSU and this one is a great deal for the price. It's the cheapest Gold rated PSU made by a trustworthy manifacturer. 650w is also more than enough for your build. You'd even be able to add another RX480 in the future if you ever need more compute power without having to upgrade anything!
I hope this helped you understand why I chose every component I chose for your build!

Thanks man, really really appreciate the help. I think I am going to wait a little for some other to have an input as I have no idea what I am buying lmfao.

Thanks bud <3

( S Scarlett Johansson Sanctorum Sanctorum ) You guys helped me heaps before, would love to hear a second opinion.

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Will you be overclocking? 6600k makes no sense if you're not going to overclock it.

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Is it worth over clocking. Will I need to? Would it be better?
You don't need to. It's worth it if you know what you're doing, want to do it, and don't mind spending 100+ euros extra for overclocking capabilities. It's not necessary, and a stock i5(like a 6500) would be fine. But yes, it would definitely be better.

Serotonin

Serotonin

Searbhonta ♫ Music <3 ♫
Reaction score
Sin$
You don't need to. It's worth it if you know what you're doing, want to do it, and don't mind spending 100+ euros extra for overclocking capabilities. It's not necessary, and a stock i5(like a 6500) would be fine. But yes, it would definitely be better.

I think I remember someone saying that you would have to replace parts quicker if I over clock. Is that true, if so. How much quicker and what would it cost if something goes.

S

Scarlett Johansson

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Sin$
I think I remember someone saying that you would have to replace parts quicker if I over clock. Is that true, if so. How much quicker and what would it cost if something goes.
That's a lie. Overclocking doesn't mean you have to replace the parts quicker. If you let them overheat and die, then you have to replace them. Other than that you only need to replace them when there are better parts available. What resolution will you be gaming at?

Serotonin

Serotonin

Searbhonta ♫ Music <3 ♫
Reaction score
Sin$
That's a lie. Overclocking doesn't mean you have to replace the parts quicker. If you let them overheat and die, then you have to replace them. Other than that you only replace them when their are better parts released. What resolution will you be gaming at?

Currently have a 60hz 1920x1080 Monitor. And I getcha, if its worth over clocking, may as well do it.

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
924b7f4cefe1abc4be7d4b9ae8bc2491.png
8c6ba74fbe7bdd61e694f70e21722ced.png

from http://www.businessdirect.btireland.com/

If you want to spend a little mroe for a better cooler;
http://www.businessdirect.btireland...-cpu-cooler-bk019-9NR4.html?refs=4294947633-4

You have XFire support so you can easily add a 2nd 480 at any point.

Top Bottom
Login
Register