Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Beginning of An Odyssey Bug Finder Services
Reaction score
Sin$
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ThQbjc
Change the case if you want, you can downgrade to the DH-15 which will save you some money and allow for a greater choice of PC cases.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4dLTHN
DH-14 option, I recommend you stick with the first build.
That's also a really solid build. However, does he really need a 500gb SSD? I, personnally use 120gb~ of my SSD.
As for the PSU, why did you go with the EVGA PSU instead? It's more expensive and the Antec PSU uses REALLY high quality components.

However, the Phanteks case is undeniably better than the phantom 410. If you like the look of it, go get that case, it's really good!

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
The best option has already been posted, that's why I posted it. Again, as I've already explained, PCPP is much more of a hassle than buying everything from one site within Ireland.
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ThQbjc
Change the case if you want, you can downgrade to the DH-15 which will save you some money and allow for a greater choice of PC cases.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4dLTHN
DH-14 option, I recommend you stick with the first build.
They're both a good bit over budget, and then you have to include shipping etc.

OP, if you're buying from the UK mainland, get this;
49e5af004d50f739efc3d46caf48fecc.png

from http://www.scan.co.uk

Otherwise, my other suggestion from closer to home.

Alternative case options are Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, or Phanteks Eclipse P400(S).

S

Scarlett Johansson

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Sin$
That's also a really solid build. However, does he really need a 500gb SSD? I, personnally use 120gb~ of my SSD.
As for the PSU, why did you go with the EVGA PSU instead? It's more expensive and the Antec PSU uses REALLY high quality components.

However, the Phanteks case is undeniably better than the phantom 410. If you like the look of it, go get that case, it's really good!
I like the EVGA PSU. San keeps complaining about small SSD sizes so I went with the 500GB version as its not a huge jump in price. I think if the OP wants to only store the OS on the SSD then he should get a M.2 SSD. 
The best option has already been posted, that's why I posted it. Again, as I've already explained, PCPP is much more of a hassle than buying everything from one site within Ireland.

Alternative case options are Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, or Phanteks Eclipse P400(S).
DH-15 won't fit in the P400(S).

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
I like the EVGA PSU. San keeps complaining about small SSD sizes so I went with the 500GB version as its not a huge jump in price. I think if the OP wants to only store the OS on the SSD then he should get a M.2 SSD. 

DH-15 won't fit in the P400(S).
I didn't suggest DH-15, and I don't recommend it. It's ugly and big heavy air coolers aren't the best choice for Skylake.

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
Weren't you the one talking about how biased opinions are annoying? :wink:
As for the M.2 SSD, why would it be better ONLY if he wants to install the OS only on the SSD? It would benefits either way.
Here's what I'd propose if he wants an M.2 drive: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/JdZyf8
The M.2 SSD has twice the write speed and four times the read speed of a SATA3 SSD. Which is pretty damn good. 
Okay, do we all agree with Sanctorum?
I have no idea what he's saying since I blocked him a long time ago. He needs to learn how to respect others in my opinion. Could you tell me what he said? Thanks a lot!

S

Scarlett Johansson

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Sin$
As for the M.2 SSD, why would it be better ONLY if he wants to install the OS only on the SSD? It would benefits either way.
Here's what I'd propose if he wants an M.2 drive: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/JdZyf8
The M.2 SSD has twice the write speed and four times the read speed of a SATA3 SSD. Which is pretty damn good. 

I have no idea what he's saying since I blocked him a long time ago. He needs to learn how to respect others in my opinion. Could you tell me what he said? Thanks a lot!
I'm not saying that it's better only for the OS lol. EVGA are reliable and have good, clean products. OP can get the 500GB M.2 SSD for £130.

Serotonin

Serotonin

Searbhonta ♫ Music <3 ♫
Reaction score
Sin$

Can you see that 
Guys, I have no Idea what I want. I just want something dope. Building computers is gibberish to me.

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
I'm not saying that it's better only for the OS lol. EVGA are reliable and have good, clean products. OP can get the 500GB M.2 SSD for £130.
Well, sorry, that's what I understood from what you had said.
As for the SSD, you have to look at the specs of the SSD. Some SSD are not actually faster than their SATA counterpart. You need to be aware of that. The 850 EVO Pro is not faster in M.2 form for example.
So far, I've looked at the 3 cheapest M.2 500GB SSD out there and they are all as fast as their SATA counterpart.
Can you see that 
Guys, I have no Idea what I want. I just want something dope. Building computers is gibberish to me.
I'm afraid I am not. Simply copy his text without quoting him. It should work.

Serotonin

Serotonin

Searbhonta ♫ Music <3 ♫
Reaction score
Sin$

Alternative case options are Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, or Phanteks Eclipse P400(S).[/QUOTE] 
for Habofro Habofro

S

Scarlett Johansson

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Sin$
Well, sorry, that's what I understood from what you had said.
As for the SSD, you have to look at the specs of the SSD. Some SSD are not actually faster than their SATA counterpart. You need to be aware of that. The 850 EVO Pro is not faster in M.2 form for example.
So far, I've looked at the 3 cheapest M.2 500GB SSD out there and they are all as fast as their SATA counterpart.

I'm afraid I am not. Simply copy his text without quoting him. It should work.
The EVGA G2 are tier one PSUs and the Antec one you linked is tier two.
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/tnbgLD
Does this make everyone happy?

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
The EVGA G2 are tier one PSUs and the Antec one you linked is tier two.
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/tnbgLD
Does this make everyone happy?
No. What are you not listening to. Stop trying to change ****. What I suggested is fine. The Antec Neo ECO is SeaSonic OEM. It's a perfectly good PSU, and it's significantly cheaper than an EVGA G2 unit, so don't even compare the two. Again, as I've said multiple times, big heavy air coolers like the D14 and D15 on Skylake are not a good choice. Either use a smaller air cooler, like a Dark Rock 3/Cryorig H5, or go with a nice AIO, like the one I suggested that's cheaper than both the D14, and D15, AND it's better. The Zalman case is meh, Enthoo Pro, Eclipse P400(s), Define S, InWin 703 are all better options. No need to spend so much on a motherboard. M.2 850-EVO is pointless.

S

Scarlett Johansson

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Sin$
No. What are you not listening to. Stop trying to change ****. What I suggested is fine. The Antec Neo ECO is SeaSonic OEM. It's a perfectly good PSU, and it's significantly cheaper than an EVGA G2 unit, so don't even compare the two. Again, as I've said multiple times, big heavy air coolers like the D14 and D15 on Skylake are not a good choice. Either use a smaller air cooler, like a Dark Rock 3/Cryorig H5, or go with a nice AIO, like the one I suggested that's cheaper than both the D14, and D15, AND it's better. The Zalman case is meh, Enthoo Pro, Eclipse P400(s), Define S, InWin 703 are all better options. No need to spend so much on a motherboard. M.2 850-EVO is pointless.
Explain to me why then D14 and D15 are not good, they are top end coolers.

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
Explain to me why then D14 and D15 are not good, they are top end coolers.
Where did I say that they weren't good? The H105 is cheaper, and better. As I said, again, "big heavy air coolers like the D14 and D15 on Skylake are not a good choice"

S

Scarlett Johansson

(⌐■_■)
Reaction score
Sin$
Where did I say that they weren't good? The H105 is cheaper, and better. As I said, again, "big heavy air coolers like the D14 and D15 on Skylake are not a good choice"
Yeah explain why they are not a good choice.

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/skylake-cpus-damaged-by-coolers,news-51899.html
http://www.extremetech.com/computin...e-breaking-because-of-third-party-cpu-coolers
http://www.pcgamer.com/intel-skylake-cpus-are-bending-under-the-pressure-of-some-coolers/

The D14 and D15 being "top end coolers" means they're heavy. Either get an AIO, or a small air cooler with Skylake for safety reasons IMO. Plus, the H105 is cheaper and better than the D14 and D15 anyway, so it's irrelevant, just get the H105. 
There's also the fact that they're ugly af.

Habofro

Habofro

PC Enthusiast
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$

for Habofro Habofro [/QUOTE]
That's honestly a pretty bad build. Let me explain:
  • PSU: It's a pretty cheap unit. If you want a modular PSU, then sure, feel free to get it but in my opinion, there's better options out there.
  • RAM: While 8GB of RAM is enough for now, I'd still get 16GB, RAM is not expensive and having 16GB will save you a lot of hassle. Also, dual channel is always a better option than having a single RAM stick.
  • Board: It's a decent Mobo but it's on the cheap side. I'd recommend getting a bit more expensive board like the one in mines and S Scarlett Johansson build.
  • SSD: It's simply not the best one out there for the price. What do you want to put on your SSD?
  • Cooler: Water cooling is not worth it for you. It would be an hassle for you and you wouldn't benefit from it. Just get a good noctua cooler.
3RTo1D6.png

If you want to buy everything from the same site.

Sanctorum

Sanctorum

Banned
Reaction score
Sin$
That's honestly a pretty bad build. Let me explain:
  • PSU: It's a pretty cheap unit. If you want a modular PSU, then sure, feel free to get it but in my opinion, there's better options out there.
  • RAM: While 8GB of RAM is enough for now, I'd still get 16GB, RAM is not expensive and having 16GB will save you a lot of hassle. Also, dual channel is always a better option than having a single RAM stick.
  • Board: It's a decent Mobo but it's on the cheap side. I'd recommend getting a bit more expensive board like the one in mines and S Scarlett Johansson build.
  • SSD: It's simply not the best one out there for the price. What do you want to put on your SSD?
  • Cooler: Water cooling is not worth it for you. It would be an hassle for you and you wouldn't benefit from it. Just get a good noctua cooler.
This guy literally does not have a clue what he is talking about. OP, just ignore him. He literally talks out of his *** constantly. He actually tried to claim that blower style coolers(the loudest option you can go with) are better for silence optimised systems.

PSU- He says it's bad, then recommends the same thing. The PSU is absolutely fine. I'd usually suggest something better, but the Neo ECO is great, it's SeaSonic OEM, and for £30, it's a fkn steal.

RAM- Says 8GB RAM is minimal, and then suggests 8GB lol. Not only that, but 2x4GB. 4GB DIMM's make no sense now IMO, get 8GB DIMMs. OP, you can get 2x8GB RAM if you want, but 8GB is fine for now and RAM is the easiest thing to add to your system later, plus it's super cheap these days anyway.

Motherboard- Honestly, any Z170 motherboard that's DDR4 compatible will do fine. You don't need to spend a load of money.

SSD- £130 for a 2TB HDD and a 250GB SSD is over-priced. 250GB SSDs suck now anyway, 480-512GB is the sweet spot for an SSD. Also, with a 480GB SSD, you can get your OS on there and a bunch of AAA titles, which for games like Fallout 4, Skyrim, GTA V etc, having them on SSD is super handy.

Cooler- Literally does not have a clue what he's talking about. I've already linked 3 articles explaining that big heavy coolers, like those Noctua ones are not safe. They're also very ugly. The H105 is cheaper, and performs better, it's the better choice. Claiming otherwise is moronic. Also, the H105 is much easier to install than a D14/D15 lmfao. You absolutely would benefit from an AIO, and it absolutely won't be a hassle.

Serotonin

Serotonin

Searbhonta ♫ Music <3 ♫
Reaction score
Sin$
This guy literally does not have a clue what he is talking about. OP, just ignore him. He literally talks out of his *** constantly. He actually tried to claim that blower style coolers(the loudest option you can go with) are better for silence optimised systems.

PSU- He says it's bad, then recommends the same thing. The PSU is absolutely fine. I'd usually suggest something better, but the Neo ECO is great, it's SeaSonic OEM, and for £30, it's a fkn steal.

RAM- Says 8GB RAM is minimal, and then suggests 8GB lol. Not only that, but 2x4GB. 4GB DIMM's make no sense now IMO, get 8GB DIMMs. OP, you can get 2x8GB RAM if you want, but 8GB is fine for now and RAM is the easiest thing to add to your system later, plus it's super cheap these days anyway.

Motherboard- Honestly, any Z170 motherboard that's DDR4 compatible will do fine. You don't need to spend a load of money.

SSD- £130 for a 2TB HDD and a 250GB SSD is over-priced. 250GB SSDs suck now anyway, 480-512GB is the sweet spot for an SSD. Also, with a 480GB SSD, you can get your OS on there and a bunch of AAA titles, which for games like Fallout 4, Skyrim, GTA V etc, having them on SSD is super handy.

Cooler- Literally does not have a clue what he's talking about. I've already linked 3 articles explaining that big heavy coolers, like those Noctua ones are not safe. They're also very ugly. The H105 is cheaper, and performs better, it's the better choice. Claiming otherwise is moronic. Also, the H105 is much easier to install than a D14/D15 lmfao. You absolutely would benefit from an AIO, and it absolutely won't be a hassle.

Kinda want 16gbs of Ram. Dude, im so confused. I dont want to buy **** parts. Nobody is agreeing here. Nobody.

S Scarlett Johansson

Guys please lmfao

Top Bottom
Login
Register