What's new

10 Things That Have Been Changed In Fifa 12

Jamie

Jamie

JOLO (Jamie Only Lives Once)
Retired
Reaction score
Sin$
- FIFA 12 introduces the 'Impact Engine' which properly tracks and formulates contact between players, including their hips, knees etc.

- The AI will also keep track of areas of the body players have been injured during a match. Players can also become injured off the ball if abused too much, especially late in the game.

- FIFA 12 also introduces 'AI Vision Game' (rough translation), which promises to make passing more realistic. If you try to complete a pass to a player that's not within visible range, for example, it's less likely you'll complete the pass. EA hopes this will get rid of "blind passing".

- Personality Plus is more developed and should influence AI players' passes this time.

- AI is said to be "more human", with each player acting more or less according to his abilities. One example given is when an AI player sees Fabregas coming towards him with the ball, he'll act more carefully.

- OPM describes "new presentation" of matches in FIFA 12, which are said to be very much inspired by English football crowds.

- The game includes three new arenas, this time with integrated benches along the sidelines and "impressive lighting effects" according to OPM France.

- Integration of a new short dribble with the left stick.

- The game features a new camera that's noticeably closer to the ground.

- There's also a new menu interface that appears to be simpler and more ergonomic than before.

3 other changes that are being made (Taken from a interview with EA Canada producer David Rutter)

- "I think we did a great job with the Personality Plus feature [in FIFA 11," he said, "but the the teams [AI] doesn't support that quite as much as it should."As an example, a team doesn't spot that if Peter Crouch in the area, they can lay a load of high balls onto his head."

- "Set-pieces are still a bit lame," he candidly admitted. "I get frustrated by not being able to do quick throw-ins, not being able to quickly select my free-kick takers, on the fly stuff. We're somewhat last-gen in the way the game cuts [before those things]."

- "Those moments where you take one [player] tp his old club and the boo boys come out, or his old team are more aggressive in the tackle towards him. SO you think: 'Wow! FIFA understands not just the game of football, but the sport and passion behind it'.

B

Buzz Lightyear

Young Moolah Baby
VIP
Retired
Sinner
Reaction score
Sin$
Nice find!

I'll re-read later, but all I want is the referee to realise that this is not a child care playground. Bumping into another player should not result in a free kick.

Niall47

Niall47

Fire and Blood!
Mythical Veteran Grammar Nazi Jokester
Reaction score
Sin$
very much inspired by English football crowds.

That should be interesting :wink:
Screaming abuse, throwing bottles of piss and unrelenting violence towards anyone who doesn't support your football team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1t1EyiSP3g

K

KrepzY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
I really hate that the offside on UT takes ages, sometimes you can be through for a good few seconds and then... the flag goes up

Yiddo

Yiddo

Fabled Veteran Grizzled Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
I know, that was big problem this year.

Also fix how easy it is to score on crosses

They really have to sort out the heading or atleast the positioning of the defender to stop them from running away from the striker. It is so stupid how easy it is to score headers on this game.

Anderson

Anderson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
The fact the defenders AI is terrible. Half the time when someone does a through balls the defenders just stand and watch it. Also when defenders don't track back, when they should.

Jack2127

Jack2127

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They should fix those random offsides you get when clearing the ball.

Mr BuDDaH

Mr BuDDaH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
That should be interesting :wink:
Screaming abuse, throwing bottles of piss and unrelenting violence towards anyone who doesn't support your football team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1t1EyiSP3g
:blink: :o youre foto?..? :huh: :blink: :o

Yiddo

Yiddo

Fabled Veteran Grizzled Veteran 10th Anniversary
Reaction score
Sin$
EA Sports have released some details on the next FIFA installment – FIFA 12.
Despite the continuing success of FIFA 11, EA are already planning on some improvements to the next game which will be released later this year.
EA Canada producer David Rutter has promised that the studio won’t be resting on their laurels, telling OPM UK that EA has an “enormous shopping list” of improvements to the game and detailed specifics on what will be improved upon.
I think we did a great job with the Personality Plus feature but the teams [AI] doesn’t support that quite as much as it should. As an example, a team doesn’t spot that if Peter Crouch is in the area, they can lay a load of high balls onto his head.
Set pieces also looks to be heading for a complete overhaul.
Set pieces are still a bit lame, explained Rutter. I get frustrated by not being able to do quick throw-ins, not being able to quickly select my free-kick takers, on the fly stuff.
Another addition to the series, and in my opinion will add a lot more atmosphere to the game, is what Rutter said will add more “soul” to the proceedings.
Those moments where you take one [player] to his old club and the boo boys come out, or his old team are more aggressive in the tackle towards him. So you think: ‘Wow! FIFA understands not just the game of football, but the sport and passion behind it’.
As an example, a team doesn’t spot that if Peter Crouch is in the area, they can lay a load of high balls onto his head.
Rutter also revealed that set pieces are getting a complete overhaul, and that EA isn’t happy with interruptive in-game loading screens.
Set-pieces are still a bit lame, he candidly admitted. I get frustrated by not being able to do quick throw-ins, not being able to quickly select my free-kick takers, on the fly stuff. We’re somewhat last-gen in the way the game cuts [before those things].
Rutter also commented on where the FIFA series is headed in more thematic terms – addressing the developer’s wish to add more “soul” into proceedings.
Those moments where you take one [player] to his old club and the boo boys come out, or his old team are more aggressive in the tackle towards him. SO you think: ‘Wow! FIFA understands not just the game of football, but the sport and passion behind it’.

http://www.xboxer360.com/news/ea-sports-release-fifa-12-details/

Nav

Nav

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
They should fix those random offsides you get when clearing the ball.
actually they need to fix their offsides completely, ive had so many occassions where ive aimed to oass to one player another runs to it and theres an offside, and even if the right player touches the ball i get an offside with the other player

STL VIKING

STL VIKING

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
actually they need to fix their offsides completely, ive had so many occassions where ive aimed to oass to one player another runs to it and theres an offside, and even if the right player touches the ball i get an offside with the other player
Not to mention how close the referee's call it. I see two sides of the argument. Some people want the game to be as realistic as possible, and real life refs often don't call offsides when it's very close, or even only kind of close. Others say it's a game, if the refs can be perfect, make them perfect. Personally I think calling offsides so incredibly close like the refs in FIFA 11 do is a bit ridiculous.

Nav

Nav

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sin$
Not to mention how close the referee's call it. I see two sides of the argument. Some people want the game to be as realistic as possible, and real life refs often don't call offsides when it's very close, or even only kind of close. Others say it's a game, if the refs can be perfect, make them perfect. Personally I think calling offsides so incredibly close like the refs in FIFA 11 do is a bit ridiculous.
I say make it perfect, it's only a game, also they take too long to call an offside, they could at least have a little icon like they do with advantage rule

Top Bottom
Login
Register